So We're Being Bold?

Chapter 8 • Laurence Blue

I watch as the neighborhood kids gather in the middle of the street. Their age range differed but it didn't matter to them as long as they had fun. Seeing them remind me of when me and Allison would be outside all day. Our favorite thing was climbing up the highest tree pretending to be adventurers. She'll be the captain since she loved being the person in charge and I'll always be second in command.

Look at us now, all grown up and spending less time with one another. One thing for sure, my admiration for her never disappeared. From when we were younger she had her life sorted out while I on the other hand, only worried about the present. With her big dreams she hadn't once faced an obstacle she couldn't handle. Never once have I seen nor heard of her ever beingv in a relationship. She knew what was in stake of her being emotionally attached so she curved any and everyone from trying to approach her in that manner.

The only guys in her life was her male family members and me, no one else mattered. Speaking of her family members, they always thought we were a thing, still do. Every time I'm invited to one of their reunions, the attention is always direct to us at some point. Her grandmother especially had it out for making it seem more than what it was. To be honest I've never thought about us being a thing. I mean she's everything a guy would look for but I don't see her in that manner. I see her as the best friend from childhood that I love, nothing more nor less.

" Blue!! Ally's coming!" One of my nieces announce as I see Allison pull up to the curb. She gets out and picks up my niece walking up the walkway. She had worn some jean shorts that stopped mid thigh with a a white see through button up on, a black spaghetti strap tank top under. She had worn a white sun hat on her head with her hair down.

" Why you got my cutie out here in the heat like this?" She questions as my niece put her hands on her hips." Ooh she too spicy."

I chuckle," Yeah alright Mariah, that's why your sister my favorite." I playfully pout as her smile drop.

" That's why she uh, she uh? She don't like you." She tells me before Allison let her down. She flips me off before joining the other kids leaving us laughing.

" Too grown for me," I shake my head before patting the spot next to me," What you on today?"

" My schedule is free so I was thinking we should head to the library. We could get a lot of information from the old newspapers and we could go off that. I had sent Jason and Kenn to City Hall since Jason said his father knows a few of the workers up there."

" Ight, give me a sec." I tell her before getting up from my spot. I heard back inside the house and head for the kitchen seeing my Dad and sister conversing with one another." Yo pops, I'm about to head out with Alli right quick.

" I tell him while grabbing my container of wings out the microwave." Just send them in the house. Its lunch time anyways." My sister says and I nod while heading back out the door.