Drawing Blanks

When I say it took me 3 different versions of this chapter just to combine them into one and I'm still a bit *eh* about it😭. I'm free styling this book with no guidance so bare with me. Miranda giving vibes in the mm 🥰

 Miranda giving vibes in the mm 🥰

Chapter 25•Alex Cross

45 hours later...

"I don't know what the fuck else to say! I've been apologizing ever since you sobered up and you still acting peddy!" I yell at Miranda who acted as if her phone was the most entertaining thing ever. "Jase?!"

"Don't put me in y'all bullshit." He put in his airpods and turn away from us.

Ever since I told her what had happened the other day, specifically me leaving her and the girls in the car, she's been ignoring me. Allison and her friend didn't even care since nothing had happened to them but Mir wants to be difficult.

Jason had this grand idea to host a sleepover since his peoples were out of town for a few days. With everything that had went down the other day, my pops didn't want me out of the house much but we convinced him that we were staying inside for the most part. So far this has been the outcome since I arrived.

I've apologizing verbally and physically with small gifts and she STILL won't give in. "I know I was wrong for what I did but damn, at least acknowledge me before I say oh fucking well." I tell for my last attempt.

"You don't know what could've happened. One of us could've took off and got in a car accident, somebody could've sped off with us in the car and sold us to human trafficking, or maybe even had a seizure and died! Did you know Allison's friend have those often?!"

"None of that happened though! The three of y'all are still sucking and throwing up oxygen and here I am with my voice gone from apologizing every damn minute to you! Everybody else done let the shit go so how can't you do the same?"

She looks towards me as if she was questioning my seriousness. "They might've forgave you but I'm not and it's not even because of that. You left your one of your BEST FRIENDS to go check on a nigga that you don't even want anymore!"

"It wasn't just him! I was going back to make sure him, Jason, and the rest of them was ok! Or our their lives not as important as Miranda's well-being?" I say now feeling irritated.

She turns her body to fully face me," I didn't say all that."

"Might as fucking well! Nobody told you to get crossed faded to the point where you barely can operate! Yes we were at a party and yes you're entitled to do so when you have trustworthy friends but when SHIT goes down like it DID, don't fucking hold peddy ass grudges over some choices I had to make alone!"

"I know I fucked up! I knew it when I was in the moment of doing so but don't make me feel even more bad for what I did. You can't tell me you wouldn't have did the same now can you?" I waited for her to respond which she never did," Exactly."