Forges of Life Pt.6

The next morning I went to to the arena. It was my free day, so I could do whatever I wanted, which so far, had included, canoeing, a bit of early morning swordplay in the woods, and a loop around Long Island with Blackjack. There I saw Patrick and Nico sword fighting, I could tell Patrick wasn't the best because he had tons of bruises and he was sweating like crazy.

" Hey Percy." Nico said with excitement as Patrick flipped him with his sword then pumped his fist in the air in achievement.

" Hey Percy, can you help me up." Nico said in a groaning voice.

" Yeah man, no problem."  I pulled him up and gave him a pat on the back.

" Guess what?" Nico asked.

" What?" I replied.

" Today I'm going to take Patrick shadow traveling."

" Oh, can I come?"

" Sure, but you're going to have to take Patrick with you on Mrs. O'Leary."

" Will do, where are we going?"

"The Empire State Building!" Patrick chimed in, " Though I wish it was Broadway, I want to see Escape to Margaritaville so bad. "

" Okay, okay, fine, there's a chance we might stop at the theatre, but it's not for sure."

Patrick and I jumped on Mrs. O'Leary and we were off. We had soon arrived outside of the Richard Rodgers theatre and Patrick used a random gadget from his pocket to pick a high security system and let's us in. After the weirdness me and Nick had experienced, I dragged Patrick out before he could start asking g for autographs. Brimming with energy Patrick hopped on Mrs. O'Leary and was re led up and ready to go. We shadow traveled for 5 minutes and we stopped. We were right in front of The Empire State Building.

" Hey, Patrick." Nico said.

" You called." Patrick said in a kind of talk show host voice.

" Look up there at the top of the building."

" Yeah, it's just the Empire State Building."

" No it's not just that. That's where Olympus is." I blurted out.

" Really, wow!"

" Hey, guys!" Nico yelped.

" What?" We said in unison. We turned around and saw a dracaena. She was standing on top of a newspaper stand staring at us.

" Yeah. You see her right?"

Patrick suddenly put on a serious face and took a yoyo out of his pocket. He tossed down and when it came up, a bow was in his hands with a arrow notched. He quickly fired a straight shot and the dracaena in the head, turning her to dust.

" Let's go." Patrick yelled. Him and I hopped on Mrs. O'Leary. We were off. I looked back and I saw we were back at the arena.

" Percy, where have you been?!" I saw Annabeth storming up to me.

" Shadow traveling. Why?" I saw she had been looking around the camp for me.

" You and I were supposed to go and teach the kids pegasus riding!"

" Oh yeah, but today is my free day."

" Whatever. Blackjack was asking for you."

" Okay. I'll be there." She ran away to go talk to the Stoll brothers.

" Hey, Patrick, how was shadow traveling?" Nico asked.

" It was awesome can we go again! This time to Anastasia?" He replied.

" You guys can, I have to go to Blackjack." The last thing I saw was Nico and Patrick hopping on Mrs. O'Leary, then melting into the shadows. I ran to the stables and saw Blackjack and right as I got there I slipped in a pile of goo.

" Haha." I was still on the ground and I looked sideways. I saw Clarisse ( who must've gotten signed out of the infirmary.) Connor and his twin Travis, Annabeth, and the one everyone had been patting on the back. Leo.

" Everyone bow down to the prank king himself." He said with a cocky voice.

" Hey, we were here before you." Connor and Travis said. Then Leo's eyes glowed with flames " Nevermind." They said quickly.

Hey Boss, smooth move. Said Blackjack laughing. Then I did the worst thing I could.

I called the water from the beach to the edge of camp half blood I sent it over to where I was so that it only hit the pranksters. They were drenched. All except one, Leo. He had got wet then burned into flames so he was dry!

" You idiot, why did you do that?!" Clarisse screamed.

" Sorry, I got mad." I tried to sound polite, but I couldn't. I heard choking and coughing and I realized that Annabeth was on her knees, back hunched, and coughing up a storm.

" See look what you did Jackson!" Clarisse barked. Thalia came running towards us.

" Holy, Hephaestus! Annabeth are you okay?" She screamed. All Annabeth replied with was coughs.

" Get her to the infirmary!" " Seriously Percy, why would you do that?" I was still on the ground I was basically stuck. All I could feel was my heart rate slowing down and the hardest breathing sensation ever. Then I closed my eyes.

I woke up and I saw Leo, Bella, Nico, and Annabeth in front of my bed. In the infirmary? I didn't know, vision was blurry and my head kept ringing. Then I saw my pictures Tyson made for me, and I knew I was in my room.

" Yay, seaweed brain is awake!" Bella popped up with joy.

" Seriously, you guys had to teach her that?" I said in a tired voice.

" Yeah, thanks for making me choke to death!" Annabeth said.

" I'm sorry." I hope she accepted it.

" It's fine I mean, it was our fault about the prank." Annabeth said more worried than sarcastic.

" No, it was mostly my fault." Leo shrugged.

" It's fine Leo."

" Really!?" he replied, I nodded "Great."

We all heard campers screaming and yelling. We ran out of my cabin. We looked towards the forest and saw a large scorpion. Probably the one Orion had faced in the Giant War. Almost all the campers were trying to fight it off. Annabeth and I took out our weapons. Riptide extended into its form.

" Wow that is so cool!" Bella exclaimed.

" Bella, you can fight too." Nico said while taking out his stygian iron sword.

" I don't know?" Bella worried.

" Just try!"

" Okay, I'll try!" She ran to the scorpion and notched an arrow. As she fired, the scorpion moved and her arrow was now going to hit the ground, yet when it should have fallen, it slipped into the earth like water coming around the other side and sunk into the scorpions skin.

A/n
I didn't edit this chapter much from the 5th grade version, so some concepts may not make sense. I will definitely come back to this chapter later.