Chapter 1

Rey POV

"You come from nothing"

"You are nothing"

"but not to me"

"Not to me"

Rey opened her eyes. It was the same dream every night, every night for the last year. Snoke was there whispering to her how Kylo would kill her.

"He ignites it and kills his true enemy" Snoke smirked he was so confident, and so wrong.

Seconds ticked by; she stared a Kylo, his eyes darker than a starless night as he glared down at her. Then suddenly Snoke's torso was sliding to the throne room floor, Anakin's saber flying to her.

It was always the same. Kylo and she fought side by side until the guards were nothing but bodies on the floor.

Then as always, his offer to join him followed by her refusal.
"Join me.....Please"

Every night she watched the pain of her rejection flicker across his face before it was always replaced by rage.
"No you're still holding on. Let Go."

As much as she wanted to take his hand she couldn't. His words echoed in her mind. Not to me. He had said it so clearly and for a fleeting second, she almost said yes.

She couldn't fathom why someone like Kylo Ren wanted her in the first place. She wasn't special by any standards.

Though he had been partially right, she had come from nothing. The nowhere junkyard of Jakku was all she knew for most of her life. Then she was whisked away by the resistance and she was helping to stop the First Order.

She fought against Kylo Ren once before, but this time they stood as equals. That is until she had rejected his offer to rule with him.

Why would he ask? She briefly wondered what emotion would cross his face had she answered with a yes. Would his eyes lighten with joy or would they remain cold? She pushed the thoughts from her mind immediately. The last thing she needed to think about were Kylo Ren's eyes. They were nearly black as coal and always intense. When she looked into them she always found herself imprisoned within their captivating pools.

"Stop it Rey" she whispered to herself.

She glanced around the hut that she had made her room. It wasn't as dark and cold as the AT-AT that was previously her sanctuary on Jakku. Still it never quite felt like a home. To be honest she wasn't even sure what home felt like. Jakku had been an awful desert with junk traders and scavengers but Ahch-To was different. It was powerful, a sanctuary she had seen often in her dreams, but it wasn't a home.

When she had first come here she was thrilled to be off of Jakku and on a new adventure. The island had been calling to her for some time, but after following Luke day in and day out waiting for him to train her she had started to miss the wasteland. At least there she knew that no one wanted her because she was no one. Here it was like she had offended Luke and he hated her. He didn't even know her.

Before the emotions could over whelm her, she took a deep calming breath. She needed to meditate and clear her mind. She grabbed her staff and a meal portion and headed out to meditate.

**
Kylo

He was there again. In the throne room. He always found himself there, as if the room called to him. The memories were the same as his dreams. She always said no.

He stared out the window trying desperately to control the emotions swirling inside but it was nearly impossible. Anger and near hatred blazed through his mind; they were the only thing Kylo could count on as a sure thing. He was always angry and he'd always hate...someone but not her. She wasn't like the rest. Even if he wanted to convince himself she was.

Find The BalanceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara