9.

Melody didn't actually go to first hour, she quickly found a secluded area in the school far from where Mark was. She leaned up against and started sobbing profusely in her hands as she fell to the floor, she didn't want for that to do down like it did. She still cared about him, she still wanted him to be there if not for Melody, for his daughter. And she was sure after that argument, he didn't want nothing to do with her or Iryse. After a few minutes went by, even though her head was buried into her knees she could feel that someone was standing in front of her. She hoped so much that it wasn't Mark, he was the last person she wanted to see at the moment.

She finally looked up to see who it was, especially after the mysterious presence had kneeled down and laid a hand on her knee.

It was Jesse. He was looking at her with a concerned look on his face, she was curious as to why he had even stopped to see if she was okay considering the last time she had "talked" to him. Melody gave Jesse a desperate look and he knew she needed some kind of comfort. So the moment he opened his arms to embrace her, she practically tackled him wrapping her arms around his neck and began to sob onto his hoodie. He held onto her tight, providing the safety and security Melody needed.

After awhile she released him, and she explained why she happened to be crying. Jesse nearly went deranged when she told him what Mark had said to her. Melody was a great mother, she absolutely loved and cared for her daughter. Melody had to also explain why she had yelled at him that day she saw Mark for the first time in a year. She had to tell him that Mark was Iryse's biological father. Jesse was upset and heartbroken to hear that that precious little girl had an asshole of a father. Jesse was basically Iryse's only per say, "father figure" since he'd once in a while come over and help Mel with Iryse all year round after she was born, but it wasn't nothing too serious. Melody made sure of that only because she hoped for the day her daughters real father would come back into their lives.

First hour was still in session and Jesse persuaded Melody to finally go to class, of course after first hour had ended. Jesse happened to have the same second hour as Melody and the two walked together to class and caught up with each other. Once they made it to class, they sat in their seats and waited for their History teacher to begin.

Throughout the day Melody tried her best to avoid Mark, but alas 7th hour had begun and it was finally time to be face to face with Mark. She took her seat ignoring the fact Mark was right next to her. She focused on her work and her teacher, she couldn't bare to look him in the eyes, non the less be near him. His words where on repeat in her head,

"I feel bad for that little girl, it probably sucks with a mother like you!"

She clenched her teeth, and tried her best not to lash out at Mark. He had no room to talk, he didn't even know she existed til he looked at her phones background picture yesterday, and even then he didn't even know who she was to him! She eventually smirked because she remembered she let him have a piece of her mind after the fact he said the hurt words. After class had dismissed, Melody knew Mark would try to talk to her so she rushed pass everyone not even giving Mark the chance to even call her name.

He tried to catch up with but students swarmed the exit of the classroom slowing him down, he eventually lost her in the crowd. Once he finally made it out he looked for her, she was nowhere in sight. He rushed out the building to the parking lot only to see Melody driving off in her car. Even though he was too late, he knew one thing for sure.

She can't avoid him forever.

~A Week Later~