I forgive you

I sat beside Gally and looked at him warily. I was still a little afraid he might attack me again. He didn't lift his head or face me he just spoke softly and quietly. 

"Newt said I attacked you." 

"Yeah" I didn't really know what else to say so I just sat there and waited for him to speak again.

"I'm sorry" He said after a while.

"It's okay, I forgive you" I put my hand on his shoulder and he looked up at me with tears in his eyes. He put his hand on his forehead and winced and let out a sob or two.

"I need to tell you something, but you have to promise not to freak out" Gally took in a long deep breath.

"Okay" I shuffled a little closer as I realised that I wasn't in danger.

"When I was stung I remembered a little bit about my life before the maze, not much but enough to remember for one day. It wasn't great. My parents were horrible people that used to beat me and one day they cast me out and that's all I remember " Gally burst into tears and hugged me tightly wrapping his arms around my waist. I didn't speak, I just let him hug me. "I never want to leave this place, life is better for me here than it was" Gally whispered into my ear. I sighed gently and released my grip. 

"I understand, this is our life now and this is the life we should live. We don't know what is out there and if we get out who knows what will happen" I said thinking about getting out properly for the first time.

"Exactly. After what has happened today I don't want to go back in there" Gally stood up slowly and walked out the tent with me not far behind. "Newt, I've made the decision to quit running, I'll still help out but I'm not going back in there" Newt nodded solemnly and placed his hand on Gallys back. 

--Time skip-- 

Gally was now helping the with the building and because of his pure strength he was a handy person to have on the team, his mind was also quite large and his problem solving skills were useful when it came to architecture and so Alby decided to put him in charge of the builders and they all gave him the name 'Captain Gally' considering the fact that Gally was quite controlling around the boys especially when they weren't doing what they were told.

After a long days work of adding another level to the watch tower and having dinner we all settled down for a big game of truth or dare. A game that was interesting when it involved a bunch of testosterone filled boys that had a want to establish dominance.

We all sat in a circle in the field and watched as Charlie jumped into the pig pen in just his underwear, causing us all to scream with laughter as he stood up covered in mud and klunk. 

Next up it was Minho's turn to be dared, I was to dare him to do something. Newt and Minho were sat next to each other and I thought it would be hilarious if they kissed so I went for it.

"Minho, I dare you to kiss Newt" I laughed as I saw Minho shrug and lean over to Newt with his lips pursed and ready, Newt looked horrified and he crawled backwards, he picked up some dust from the floor and chucked it in his face. 

When Ben was trying to decide what Newts dare should be Chuck leaned over to me and asked me under his breath. "Do you like Gally?" I was quite shocked by this question and looked at Chuck. Thinking of it now I guess he was quite attractive and he was a really lovely and protective of me, I glanced over at Gally and watched the details of his face as he smiled. I suddenly realised that I loved his smile and I felt the left side of my mouth creep up my cheek as I realised that I did. 

I had a krush on Gally.