We can't leave

I smiled at Newt and let his return smile brighten my mood a little.

"We can't leave" I knew that voice. 

I spun round and saw gally stood there, I couldn't quite belive my eyes, he had tears streaming down his face, sweat glossed his skin and he was shaking gun in hand.

"We did, Gally we're out" Gally ignored Thomas and his eyes flicked down to mine and Newts hands, I'd forgotten we were still holding tightly to each other. I quickly ripped it away from him and took a step forward, that's when he lifted the gun to my face.

"We're free" Thomas said calmly standing in front of me and pushing me back tentatively.

"Free?" Gally scoffed to himself and turned his head away from us, lowering the gun. I noticed the veins in his neck were purple and green, he'd been stung, again. "You think we're free out there? No"

Gally begun to lift his arm once again, there was a burning in his eyes, like the madness of a mental asylum on fire. Slowly the gun rose to Thomas. "No there's no escape from this place." The gun was level with Thomas' eyes now and everyone began to shuffle in anxiousness. 

"Gally listen to me." I said softly but his eyes didn't even shift off of Thomas.

"You're not thinking straight, you're not." I grabbed Thomas' arm and looked at him. 

"Thomas, please let me try and talk to him, he's never liked you what makes you think he's gonna start listening now?" I took a deep breath and looked at Gally, I barely knew that boy, the person stood in front of me was not the boy I fell in love with. "We can help you." 

Thomas couldn't help it, he never understood our bond and he stepped in front of me again.

"Just, put down the gun." Thomas said taking a step towards him.

"I Belong To The Maze" 

"Put down the gun Gally"

"We All Do"

"Gally!" 

My vision blurred for a slight second as so much stuff happened all at once. I noticed before anything the javelin that stuck out of Gally's chest. He'd been crazy but I still loved him, I still- Minho threw it! I shoved Minho with all my strength and ran towards Gally, tripping over Newt as I did so. Newt grabbed my arm and tried to pull me away but I slapped him hard across the face. I scrambled along the floor to where Gally lay and cupped his face in my hands. I was stroking his face over and over, tears flooded out of my eyes and no one did anything they just stood and watched. Then I saw it, the fear in Chucks eyes. 

"Thomas" Chuck said. He fell to the floor blood pouring from his chest.

Not him too, they, I. I completely colapsed and buried my head into Gallys chest. I felt as the rise and fall of his breaths got slower and smaller.

"No, no no no no no. Gally please Gally no. You can't, you can't just, how will I go on." My breaths were getting more and more irregular as my head got lighter and my tears pushed through, I was crying so hard that my eyes began to hurt. Gally lifted his arms to my face and he stroked my hair behind my ear.

"Hey, I'm okay. I'll be fine." He swallowed and then coughed and a spurt of blood came from his mouth. I felt as if I was drowning, I could hear Chuck in the background, Thomas trying to help him, other's crying everything had gone to complete klunk. 

"You, you're not okay, Gally. I closed my eyes tightly in an attempt to stop the tears, lowering my head so that our foreheads were pressed together I felt Gally lift his head slightly and kissed me, ever so gently and I opened my eyes and looked down at him, he placed his hand on my cheek and said something I could barely hear. 

I heard a ruckus behind me but I wouldn't let anything distract me, I had to hear what he had to say. "I'm sorry... Beautiful" 

Then his eyes closed and he let out a grunt of pain and he let out a breath that had shown he had finally given up fighting. I felt strong hand wrap around both of my arms and I screamed with all my strength. 

"No! No! Get of me! Thomas! Newt! Minho! Whoever the hell you are let me be with him!" I turned round and saw two men. No one I knew before. For a short moment I forgot, lost in confusion but when they started to pull me away I fought, tried hard to get them off me. They were to strong. And the last thing I saw of my love was his body, amongst other bodies.

They dragged me past Chuck and I saw how his once mucky white shirt was now nothing but a blood red colour and I remembered when he first dared me to kiss Gally.

I closed my eyes and just let the two men drag me away. Maybe this was the other half of WCKD that had come to rescue us for good.

Maybe this scorching heat I now felt pummeling down on me, the view of a dead wasteland, the running helicopter, maybe this, this would be.. 

The end of it all.