It's cool

I sat with Gally in the burning sunshine, leaning up against a great tree, our fingers intertwined, my head just resting on his chest, all we did was chat and laugh. It was nice when he laughed because I felt his chest vibrate every time he did. Every now and then I'd look up at him and he'd sweetly give me a kiss on my forehead or lips. I really loved him.

I teased about how his hair was getting quite long but I didn't mind. I thought it looked nicer longer anyway so he agreed he would keep it. The first half of the day just kind of went by in a happy sort of blur. 

Once it was time for lunch Gally and I walked over to the table and sat down with Chuck and Minho, Newt and Fry were on the other side of the table to us and we dug into the pork and veg that Frypan had made. 

"So how's it being in a relationship with this shank then (y/n)?" Minho asked with a snigger and it got a response of a few giggles, I just shook my head and rolled my eye's with a smile.

"You know what Minho, it's bloody fab" I ruffled my hand through Gallys hair and kissed him gently on the lips. 

"Ugh get a room you to" Frypan said and I playfully through a bit of bread at him.

Newt actually looked okay and he decided to speak up.

"Hey guys I'm sorry about earlier today I can see how happy you guys are and I have no reason to be mad at either of you" Newt stood up and lifted his glass of water. "A toast, or whatever to these two klunkheads, the first couple of the glade!" We got a cheer of appreciation and a few claps and then Newt sat back down.

"That was real nice of you, thanks Newt" I said and I gave him a sincere look with a warm smile.

"Yeah, I just think I was mad because I thought I'd lost you as a friend and all." Newt looked away for a short moment and then looked back at us. Minho was stirring in his seat and nugged Gally.

"What was that about?" Minho asked, clearly confused.

"Oh, Newt had a thing for (y/n) but it's all sorted now" Gally said casually and he tossed another chunk of pork into his mouth.

As I was sat with the boys I remembered that in two days time the box would be coming up again and we all talked about the new arrival that we might get, some boys wondered if we might get another girl and then they could be the second couple of the glade, others were adamant I was just a one of thing and that it was sure to be another boy. Whatever it was, I was pretty curious. 

For the rest of the day Gally and I just sort of messed about, we did get a bit bored and decided to help out here and there. 

I wondered what tomorrow might bring.