t e n

BAD BITCH
these were the women who knitted pain into glory

10. Try me, Bitch

 Try me, Bitch

January 2017

Svetlana would have rather been anywhere else than sat opposite Director Nicholas Joseph Fury. In fact, after storming out of the room where she'd been talking with the avengers, she'd planned to go straight back to her old life. Seeing Natasha with a group of friends, so close they might as well be considered family, had made Svetlana feel her veins grow hot with jealousy. She didn't want to admit it but to see how different they'd become since they'd last seen each other in 2007 made Svetlana feel a rush of, what could only be described as, embarrassment.
Since she'd left Hydra, Natasha had become part of the most well known superhero group in the world. She'd turned to the light and had the close friendships to prove it. She was in a group that respected and valued her opinions whilst still being able to understand each other's humour. It was something that Svetlana never acknowledged that she needed until she'd seen it. Not even as a child, had she ever seen a functional family. Her own was far from happy and she'd found herself without one eventually. Upon seeing the woman that she had held so dear to her with people that Natasha considered her new family - Svetlana might as well been the old dog watching its owner get puppies.
So, she'd left. She'd helped them and then she'd left. She didn't entirely know her way around, once she'd walk out was when she realised she was completely at a loss for what to do, so she'd gone in the first direction she'd seen. She hadn't stopped, in fact, until she'd found Agent Coulson.

Svetlana Smirnov was beyond annoyed when Phil lead her to the Director's room. He had purposefully strayed away from answering her questions and had instead started a conversation about Peggy. Svetlana, despite becoming suspicious on why he'd suddenly asked her about the woman, melted slightly, caving in, and responded with fondness. The woman was doing fine. Svetlana was still searching for the serum, going to every military science department in the country in attempts to get a copy of it, but hadn't had much luck. She'd been so caught up with the mumbled conversation that she only noticed where she was when she was staring face to face with the man that she'd shot a half a decade back.

Oh, great, Hello Miss Smirnov. Welcome back.
Svetlana only glared at both men in the room. Phil, after spending a few months with her, didn't feel as threatened as most would but still smiled awkwardly and exited the room. She directed her glare solely on Nick, once she'd seen Coulson flee, but the man simply glared back. They were both just as stubborn as each other. This was one of the reasons why Svetlana very rarely spoke to the man. She'd become so unused to people meeting her aggression with anything other than fear that she'd learnt to dislike it heavily. Fury was simply a man that she'd prefer to never meet again.
Go fuck yourself.
She bites out. Only Nick Fury could get a rise out of her like that. Any other person, especially a man, would simply be seduced by her into submission but, that had not worked for Svetlana thus far.
She'd tried to seduce him. A year previous, she'd met him. She hadn't realised that he had been the one she had failed to assassinate in 2012 until she'd met him for a second time; that time with Agent Coulson by her side, however. She'd attempted every trick she had to get a reaction from the man but all she got was his usual deadpan expression. Then again, his usual barking tone didn't frighten her either, no matter how hard he tried. So she supposed they were both at a sort of stand still.
She did respect him, however. She couldn't deny it. She hated him, wanted to tear chunks of his flesh out with her bare hands, but she did respect him and all that he stood for so she regularly refrained from homicide.
She'd decided that he respected her as well, one of the reasons why he turned a blind eye to her assassinations, so she only faintly felt disgusted by her own emotions.
Charming as always - take a seat.
Svetlana slid into her seat submissively, feigning respectability, but took off her jacket; exposing that the material she was wearing barely covered enough skin as it should have. She had grown rather fond of her white dress. She had all grown rather fond of people thinking her dress was quirky for having fake blood stains on it. Svetlana always enjoyed turning heads.
She leant towards the man, elbows on the table and hands in a praying motion whilst her chin leant on the tips of her fingers, she made sure to expose as much of her cleavage as possible. Nick Fury, as always, glared into her eyes and made a point of ignoring anything below her nose.