t w e n t y o n e

BAD BITCH
these were the women who knitted pain into glory

21. Stark Celebration

 Stark Celebration

February 2017

Okay, how the fuck is she still alive?
Clint slurs out before collapsing back down into the coach. Svetlana only smirks back wickedly in humour and gently sits onto Natalia's lap. It was probably a bad move but the alcohol was already beginning to buzz through her veins and none of the other Avengers seemed sober enough to care either. Except for Natalia, of course. She had always refrained from drinking, stating that it made her nasty to be around, so had only sipped on her drink whilst everyone else seemed to be getting more and more wasted. Steve was also particularly sober, metabolism too quick for him to ever get heavily drunk but the Asgardian spirits that Thor had kindly offered him seemed to be doing the trick nicely.
From a young age, Svetlana had drunk vodka as though it were water so when Clint had challenged her to a drinking contest, she was fairly confident in her abilities.
She'd won, though she could have guessed that from the very beginning, but was definitely feeling the effects of the bottle of Tequila that she'd downed. She was lucky she knew her limit when she came to it so she was also confident that she wasn't going to be passing out at any time close. She very rarely got drunk enough for her to loose control and she wouldn't being doing that then either.

You did challenge a Russian to drinking competition, idiot.
Pietro replies and everyone in the room hums in agreement. Clint only lets out a drunken groan which makes them all let out laughs at the sight of his misery. The man could almost feel the hangover he'd have the next morning from the amount he'd drunk. He had been the first out of them to get completely shit face that night. Everyone else had been pleasantly buzzed but it was at the sight of his drunkenness that seemed to inspire the rest to down their glasses.
Despite their clean record, the Avengers very often got black out drunk. Often was quite an exaggeration but whenever they were all safely in the compound and had no where to be the next morning, which was rare as they all had incredibly busy schedules, they would drink to lighten the mood. Yet, their light drinking always turned into competitive downing too soon. Steve usually babysat them in the mornings, not capable of getting a hangover, which was a relief for them all.
Svetlana watched as they all downed their glasses worth of alcohol and began to make themselves a second cup as a bottle was passed around. She refused this time, knowing that she wouldn't be getting any more than lightly drunk, but Natalia grasped the bottle from below her and took a few gulps straight from the bottle. It surprised Svetlana to no end but she couldn't seem to find her voice.

She simply raised an eyebrow at the woman she was sitting on, eyes nearly glued to the gloss coated on Natalia's lips from the alcohol remnants, but Natalia only mimicked her. Svetlana wanted to kiss her. Right then and there, not caring who saw them, she wanted to taste the alcohol on Natalia's lips and to taste the familiar taste of her mouth. She almost leaned in. She could imagine herself doing so. Natalia's gaze didn't seem any less filled with lust, either, but neither moved any closer. It wasn't until Steve started howling with laughter along with Wanda, that their gaze broke. Svetlana stayed on her lap for most of the evening. She didn't care if the feeling of having Natalia grind against her accidentally every now and again was making her more turned on than she probably should because at least she had the woman close to her again.
By mid-way through the night, everyone in the room aside from Svetlana was shitfaced. Even Steve had managed to break past his usual state of drunkenness and looked as far gone as everyone else in the room. They'd all moved from the chairs to the floor when Wanda fell asleep on the rug. Svetlana got off of Natalia's lap quickly and made sure to give the woman more room. She'd long sobered up and was realising how stupid she could become when intoxicated.
She worried that Natalia would bring it up the next morning. Perhaps the woman had begun to drink because she felt uncomfortable and needed alcohol to loosen her up. Svetlana didn't believe that it was the reality of the scenario but she'd learnt from a very early age to never cross something off the list until you knew for sure that it was impossible. Her theory was only crossed off for good when she felt Natalia's strong hands move towards her waist. Despite being drunk, Natalia's coordination seemed to be fine so didn't make a fool of herself as she plucked Svetlana from her seat and placed her back onto her own lap.