s e v e n t e e n

BAD BITCH
these were the women who knitted pain into glory

17. Mission Successful

 Mission Successful

February 2017

You're sure he'll be here?
Tony asks in confusion, looking up at the abandoned hospital, and voices what everyone else had been secretly thinking. Svetlana only rolled her eyes in annoyance before marching in front of them all and continuing towards the main doors.

It had been two weeks since her and Steve had taken Hydra documents, since they'd had to fight their way out of the building, but Svetlana had somehow survived spending the majority of her time surrounded by the Avengers. They'd annoyed her to begin with, so much so that she thought she might have to drop out of the the search mission on multiple occasions, but they all eventually began to warm to each other. Stark had been the first one to be confident enough to talk properly to Svetlana. He was never one for silence and, when they were all trying to locate certain information on the documents taken, he begun to ask Svetlana about anything and everything. The rest had expected her to completely shut him out but, after she gave Tony a look of annoyance, she opened her mouth and answered all of the mundane questions he'd thrown at her. In response, however, she asked her fair share of questions as well until, eventually, the whole table had gotten involved in asking each other questions that very rarely got asked.
It had been a calm evening, spending hours underlining dates and names, but they'd all managed to become less wary of the woman. Svetlana didn't know why she'd actually answered Stark nicely. She had originally opened her mouth to tell him to back the fuck off but, after looking at the curious man, she just didn't have the patience to get into an argument with him. She'd long grown tired of pushing everyone out. She was by no means ever going to let them in, dancing around questions that could give them any indication of her past or emotions, but it had been nice for her to talk to someone civilly. The look on Natasha's face, a look of pride and happiness, was enough for Svetlana to want to continue being kind to others.

Come on, children, we have a man to collect.
Svetlana shouts over her shoulder and Natasha can only smile at her antics. It was almost as though Svetlana was returning to her old self. In fact, since the woman had started spending copious amounts of time in the presence of Pietro, Tony and Clint, it seemed as though she'd begun to incorporate their sarcasm into her own vocabulary. Natasha was quickly reminded that Svetlana was still not used to conversations that weren't dictated for her. Much like a child, she was just beginning to learn how to properly speak to others without being over vicious so had begun to mimic the most social people she knew. It was all subconsciously done. Svetlana barley noticed that she'd become a lot more sarcastic and little less aggressive over her stay with the Avengers but Natasha had and was hopeful that she'd continue to become more social.