Chapter 36

Saorsa- (n) freedom; liberty.

Nova's POV
The day had started very early for me. It all began when Quinn decided that it would be a good idea to pour ice water over me to wake me up. That led to me screaming as loud as possible and having three separate neighbors come check up on us. Not to mention it was five am. Yes. Five fucking am. That's when she decided to wake me up. But anyways, yes it was an early morning today. Since I had spent most of my time with Jonah lately, I decided to spend the day with my girls.

God knows I needed a girls day anyway. I've been so stressed out lately. I feel like if one more thing even remotely stressful happens, I'll probably just break down and cry. And if you know me, you know, I don't cry. I sighed as I hopped out of the shower. Humming 'I Depend on You', I made my way over to my closet, pulling out my outfit for today. It consisted of an oversized gray Calvin Klein sweatshirt, a pair of black leggings, and a pair of black slip on vans. Just a simple yet comfy outfit.

After changing into my clothes, I heard the door slam shut and a voice echoed through the apartment. "LUCY WE'RE HOME!!" I instantly recognized the voice to be Hazel. But then two other voices followed with, "YOU'VE GOT SOME EXPLAINING TO DO!!" Of course. Luna and Georgia. Who else would know exactly what to say. I mean those three are obsessed with 'I Love Lucy'. Quinn and I laughed as we came down the stairs to greet the three girls.

"Come on Novie!!" Hazel almost screamed in my ear. Forget almost, she DID scream in my ear. I winced as she dragged me into some store at the new mall we found. I composed myself and we both looked around excitedly. I internally squealed as I noticed the bookshelves. A bookstore. Yayyyyyy!!! We eagerly shot in different directions towards our favorite type of books. I was excitedly searching through the shelves in the Young Adult fiction section, and I could hear Hazel trying to fight a copy of 'Percy Jackson' out of another girl's hands. It was quite amusing.

I turned around, a copy of 'The Sun is Also a Star' by Nicola Yoon, in my hands. As I turned a corner to find a chair, I ran straight into an employee, dropping the precious baby, I mean, book, on the floor. I bent down quickly before picking up the book, checking it for damage. "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to—Charlotte?!" I said looking up at the year-older-than-me-now-pink-haired girl. I was shocked. Wow did my relaxation and stress relieving day turn out to be just the opposite. "Nova? Oh my god. Nova listen-" she started but I cut her off. "No, don't. I can't do this right now." I said.

My best friend, well ex-best friend was standing in front of me. A completely different version of her. One I'm not sure I liked. She left me when I needed her the most. That best friend who ditched me in high school as soon as the rumors got bigger? This is her. Charlotte Michelle Duncan. Both my best dream and my worst nightmare. She was in both, my best and worst memories. She was my friend. Now? No. She's not anything to me. I really couldn't handle all of this stress right now. So I did what I always do. I did what I'm good at. I ran. I dropped the book, running out of the store, then out of the mall, out of the parking lot, out of the area, I ran until I didn't even know where I was.

Charlotte. She's here. I just want to wake up, and this all be just a horrible nightmare. For her to not be here. For me to actually just wake up in Jonah's arms, and him tell me that he loves me. That's what I want. But we both know that that's not how it works. This is real. No matter how much I don't want it to be, it is. It's real. Everything was okay in high school. Because of Charlotte. She made me forget about the rumors. Forget about how everyone else was treating me. Because she treated me like an actual person. Not like complete garbage. She was my best friend. For six years. Six years. And she threw it all away like it meant absolutely nothing. Before I knew it, I had fainted yet again. But this time it was on the side of a road, where I didn't know where I was. How much worse could my week possibly get?

A/N- Heylo my beautiful Queens!! This is chapter thirty-six of 'Crazy'. As always thank you for reading!! I'm very very very sorry again for the late update because of the storm. Mother Nature just does NOT want me to update my story. Geez. Like go fuck with someone else please!!? Okay I'm done! I wish you all lots of love and ice cream!!

Goodbye my beautiful Queens!!
Until the next chapter.......