Chapter 9

Shirayuki's POV

"Yes, your highness" I replied to King Izana and left the room. I ran to my room, layed on my bed and started crying. I pressed my face into the pillow and held it tight. How should I tell Zen about this? I was supposed to go in 1 week.
I cried more and couldn't stop.

Mitsuhide's POV

I heard sobs from the opposite room that Kiki was in. That's Shirayuki's room. What could be wrong? I went to Zen's office to find him working on paperwork.
"Hey, Zen...did something happen?"
"What are you talking about Mitsuhide?" He said clearly annoyed and put another paper on the pile 'done'
"No I'm just asking because I heard Shirayuki crying in her room"
"What?!" He finally gave me attention
"I didn't want to bother her, so I didn't enter"
"Stay here" he quickly got up and ran towards her room

Shirayuki's POV

Tears still streamed down my cheeks as I heard my door open. It revealed Zen with worried eyes. I quickly brushed away my tears and looked away
"What happened?" He asked with normal gentle voice
"I-nothing" I was still sobbing so I doubt he was convinced that I'm not crying
"Why are you crying?"
I couldn't reply. My eyes were red and my mouth was shut. My head was spinning because of all thoughts running in it. My vision got darker and darker every second. I could hear my heart beat louder and faster. My eyes closed and I don't know what happened next.

Zen's POV

I was worried because she didn't say anything. I wanted to ask her something, but I looked at her again. Her expression was like she wanted to speak but couldn't.
"Shirayuki" she started collapsing.
"Shirayuki" she was lying on her bed with closed eyes and didn't move. I got scared.
"Hey Shirayuki! Talk to me!" I shook her and she didn't move. I saw Kiki come to the room.
"Zen?! What happened?" She asked and when I looked at her face more detailed, I saw her face didn't have any colors, her whole skin was pale and she was shaking.
"Kiki...She collapsed righ-" I didn't even finish the sentence when she collapsed as well. I ran out of the room and told guards to get Chief herbalist meanwhile I went to get Mitsuhide. I ran into my office panting for air.
"She...I mean...they collapsed"
"Zen, calm down!"
"We...need to...hurry"
"Zen! I said calm down!"
My heavy breathing stopped and I told him what I saw.

Mitsuhide's POV

What?! That's really bad, I mean isn't Shirayuki a herbalist? I thought she was healthy. Wait, did he say Kiki too?! She didn't tell me again! But how could I not see it coming. When I saw her before she looked exhausted.
"Zen...what do you think caused Shirayuki to be in the condition she is?"
"I don't know. But for sure I've never seen her like that before"
"Well for Kiki I already know"
"Ok, tell me later, we better go now, Garrack will come as well"
We ran to her room and saw Obi placing Shirayuki on the bed and Kiki laying on the couch.
"Hey Mitsuhide, master. I saw what happened so I took some work into my hands"
"Thanks Obi" Zen thanked him
Garrack and Ryu then ran in. Garrack checked Kiki and took me outside to talk.

Zen's POV

I told Garrack that it's the best to talk to Mitsuhide, since he is her guardian and partner. Ryu checked Shirayuki and put her under covers and a hot towel on her forhead.
"She is very stressed. Did something happen prince?" Why do people keep asking me that??
"Not that I know. But I know that she talked to brother not long ago, and I wasn't able to spend much time with her"
"I suggest you talk to her when she wakes up" I opened my eyes wide. Is he giving me advice? But ain't it me who is supposed to give advice?
"Ok, thanks I guess"
"I did my job, now it's your turn prince"
"Sure"
Ryu left the room and I was left alone in it with Shirayuki. Mitsuhide then came in alone, without Garrack. His face showed sad expression.
"What's up Mitsuhide?"
"Zen, Kiki is in danger of death. She has the same illness her mother had. We can only save her by the one medicine Shirayuki and Ryu know how to make. But I see that Shirayuki isn't in the best state"
"Yeah, she is stressed"
"Thank God it's not that serious"
"We should leave them to rest"
And so we left the room in peace and headed for my office. I needed to do some paperwork and Mitsuhide protested to leave my office so he was with me. But I wasn't focused on my work at all. All I thought was Shirayuki. Why was she stressed? Did Lord brother do something to her?
"Hey Zen, Zen!" Mitsuhide snapped me out of my thoughts
"Uhh sorry, I'm just not focused"
"Yea, I can clearly see that. What are you thinking about?"
"I still don't know what happened in brother's office. Maybe he's done something that stressed her"
"Like what?"
"I don't know exactly"
"Zen I suggest you focus now, and then talk to Izana"
"Fine" I answered and sighed at my big pile of paperwork.

~2 hours later~

I was finally finished with my work and decided to talk now. Mitsuhide left 30 minutes ago to train. I got up from my chair, stretched myself and left the room. Then I knocked on brother's office door.
"Come in Zen" he spoke with calm voice. How does he always know when it's me? I opened the door and asked straight away
"What were you talking about with Shirayuki before?"
"Oh so that's what you wanna know...But why do you wanna know?"
"Personal reasons"
"It isn't your job to handle Shirayuki's problems Zen"
"I didn't come because she told me to, I came because I wanna know"
"She is going to Tanbarun tomorrow"
"You can't be serious! Isn't she supposed to go when trios leave?!"
"Yes, but they decided to stay for a month, not just a week, so it is not a problem, because they will still be here when she is back"
"Why did you tell only her?"
"Because you would make too much of a fuss"
"Oh so Shirayuki being stressed and feeling awful is less important than me making a fuss?!"
"I decided, not you Zen!"
"What if she won't be well?"
"She won't go. I will arrange the meeting to another date"
"She is in terrible condition, don't you think you should do it now?"
"I will go check if she is feeling that bad and then decide"
"Thank you, Lord brother" I thanked and left. The only thing he said was "mhm".