Chapter 16

Before I start the story I need you to listen to the intro of this song (until the part Jin starts to sing). In my opinion it could fit into this anime so well, I can picture the moment and everything😂. On with the story~

Obi's POV

I was keeping Kyle and Shan safe in my room. We were in it for about 1 hour now.

"Do you think that something happened?" Shan asked worried and scared, but I just shook my head.

"If they found them, master and Mitsuhide definitely beat them, but if they didn't...that's very bad. Zen needs little miss' marriage approval, but he hasn't even asked her yet"

Shan's mood was changing to worse every second and I was getting impatient.

The clock was ticking and there was still no sign of them. It was about 1am now, and both girls fell asleep. I couldn't sleep knowing something could've happened.

I was deciding whether I should go after Mitsuhide and Master or stay and protect Shan and Kyle.

After about 10 minutes of thinking and trying to make the best decision, I decided to stay and protect Shan and Kyle. Nothing so bad could've happened right?

Minutes passed, and that minutes slowly turned into hours and when I looked at the time again it was 4:46am. Zen and Mitsuhide haven't returned, not even a single message was sent and I was just getting up to go and look for them, when a guard bursted through our door.

"Prince Zen wants your presence. He said it's very important" I immediately looked up and ran after him, leaving Shan and Kyle sleeping in their room.

When I came to the scene, there were Mitsuhide and Zen holding both girls who were, as far as I could see, badly injured.

"Zen! What happened?" I asked as he approached me.

"We need to find Garrack and Ryu as soon as possible. Help us search!" He said and rushed to his room, to get a cloak for Shirayuki.

Author's POV

It didn't take long for Obi to find the chief herbalist and her youngest helper.

He told them about Shirayuki and Kiki's state, so they could prepare things they needed, meanwhile Zen and Mitsuhide were already on their way.

Once they arrived to the laboratory, Garrack took things into her own hands. She first went to help Kiki.

Zen obviously stayed with Shirayuki, caressing her face softly, while his other guard nervously walked from one side of the room to another.

~~

It was about 7 in the morning, when the chief herbalist finished her work. The only thing they needed was for Shirayuki to wake up.

"Zen" Mitsuhide walked in and looked at him with an unpleasant face.

"I really don't want to say this, but you need to start thinking of having another fiance."

Zen wanted to protest, but obviously knew that the latter was right. He couldn't afford meeting his brother without an approval.

"I'll wait until 9. If she doesn't wake up then, I will ask someone else." He said with tears already on the edge of his eyelids. He really didn't want anyone else being his wife; the person he loves, the princess and future queen.

"How's Kiki holding up?" The prince asked with bit of worry; she was his other guard after all.

"She's still sleeping, but I think will be fine. I just need to be with her all the time" he scratched his neck in nervousness, as blush creeped on to his cheeks.

"Who knew the 'all mighty' Mitsuhide could blush, now that's rare to see" Zen said, grinning.

He knew that Mitsuhide wanted to be with Kiki from the start. He tried, and partly succeeded, by turning the stone cold Kiki into a softer version. But also partly failed, because her heart is not his, yet.

"Take care of her, Zen" he said before leaving his prince alone.

The clock was going by fast, and it was scaring Zen. He felt like small pieces of his heart were slowly falling off, and with every minute, more tears were shed.

"Shirayuki, please..."

"Wake up"

It seemed that it was all for nothing. She was still unconscious and Zen wanted to go and kill Lisbeth, but he knew it was too much. He was still the prince, the soon to be King of Clarines.

Right then his brother walked in and asked Zen for a conversation outside. The younger accepted and walked behind him.

"I came for your marriage approval, Zen" the older said as he sat down.

The prince nodded, a bit nervous.

"I don't have it" He said, feeling ashamed.

"Yes, I heard so. And if I may know why? You had more than enough time for it" Izana asked and looked Zen in the eyes.

"I-" it was hard for him to say what happened. Because of his title as the prince, he couldn't just say everything he wanted.

"Zen I am disappointed. I know you needed to basically confess, but you had more than enough time." The King said.

And this was the breaking point for the younger. "You don't understand! They attacked Shirayuki! Lisbeth, Akira and Maddie injured my fiance and my personal guard, just because they were jealous of them! That's why..." he semi yelled, but with absolutely no regret.

After a few minutes, when he calmed down, Zen looked into his brother's eyes.

"Can you please give give me another chance. I'll ask her right when she wakes up" he asked the elder with pleading eyes.

Izana usually never gave second chances. But considering Shirayuki was attacked he agreed. Zen thanked him a thousand times and went back to Shurayuki's side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so sorry because of the wait. I've been unmotivated a lot of times, but when I have inspiration or ideas I'm able to write a chapter a day. So sorry, I will update more, I promise. Even if I have to force myself because I always feel bad when I'm behind schedule.

🖤🖤

Author•