Chapter 1

The phone buzzed to life, blaring notes of familiar rings. It droned on till the once sleeping male clicked the red ignore. He'd call whoever it was back later and if it was that important they'd call back. The Norwegian laid there just testing if it would go off once more. He was about to doze back asleep, when a knock over took the silence on his room. "Lukas, breakfast."

He sighed "Give me a few minutes." Of course they sent Emil. The least likely he'd get mad at for waking him. Lukas listened to his brothers steps heading back down stairs. Slowly he rolled off the bed and made it half neat. He was quick to change knowing next they'd send up the Dane if they thought he fell back asleep like he wanted.

Before he evacuated to the kitchen, he grabbed his phone. Frowning noticing the caller ID. Emil, probably just didn't want to go and get him. Lukas made a mental note to pester him again about the big brother stuff. Of course, he knew it wouldn't matter, those times of being big brother was over, but they were so much better. So much more simple.

Of course there were those days trapped in poverty and unable to support himself, but compared to this. It was harder now. At least then he lived alone and got things done... important things. Poverty was bad. unable to eat, and the freezing cold of his home; but, it was still his history. It was important.

Lukas pinched his arm. He needed to stop thinking about those times so much. He no longer had to worry about disappearing in his sleep, he was top for many things all over the world for crying out loud. Why was he still consumed by all this? 'Just because of this.' he thought unable to stop thinking of the past. He was lucky it was of Emil.

The stairs creaked under his masked feet. "'There you are Norge! I was about to go up and get you!"

He rolled his eyes at the Dane's overwhelming screeches and moved to the fridge to take out the butter. God he wasn't hungry but if he didn't eat something they'd pester him about it. "Aww are you grumpy Norge?" he questioned teasingly in an attempt to rile him up even more.

Lukas grabbed the bread and placed two slices in the toaster, not bothering to make a retort towards the Dane. It's not like it would get him to shut up. As soon they popped up he placed them on the plate and generously spread the butter before quickly retreating towards the stairs.

"That's not a proper breakfast, Lukas!" came Tino's voice.

"Not hungry." He mumbled back, returning to his room as the others watched on worriedly.

The chef of the morning, Tino, sighed as he began to clean up the dishes "He's been... off lately. I can't be the only one who's been noticing it."

The three others stayed quiet. They knew he was right, but what could they even do? It wasn't as if they knew what was wrong. Emil huffed in annoyance, attempting to mask his worry with a foul mood "Maybe it's nothing but bad economics, or maybe one of his magic friend-thingies got hurt or something."

The shortest of the five nodded, slowly turning back to the stove, musing over any possible reason for Norway's change in mood . "Hopefully."

Matthias sighed and slowly made his way up the stairs going to the Norwegians room. Through the door muffled sounds breached his hearing. He slowly scraped his knuckle against the wood "Lukas? Can I come in?"

The male stood there but didn't receive a reply. He reattempted for the door to creak open barely a hair from the frame. "Norge? What's going on?"

Of course the Dane was sticking his nose where the other didn't want it. Couldn't he just be left alone? He listened as the door handled spun around followed by an aggravated sigh.

"What's going on Lukas?"

Said blond was curled to a ball keeping silent as tears stabbed attempting to penetrate through his eyes. He didn't understand it. How could he. He forced himself to forget for so long. It should've been good. But it evolved. The spell was supposed to last why was it defective now!

He scanned the room for his phone only noting the untouched toast. His eyes clenched shut as a small pounding echoed from the door. He left it downstairs. The Norwegian held his legs to himself closer. What was he supposed to do?

A tapped came from the window causing him to slightly turn over to it. The stupid puffin his brother had for a pet. A small spell closed the curtains leaving the room in darkness.

The pounding increased as he held his head trying to stop it. Magic was failing. The past was lies and only two others knew it. The two who knew it couldn't be contacted because he left his damn ass phone in the kitchen.

The doorknob clanked to the ground as the door slammed open. Matthias huffing with his axe in his hands. Lukas frowned knowing he'd have to fix the door as soon as possible. The taller blond, although he had no breath left and was panting he still glowered to the smaller who whimpered. Not from fear but from the knowledge. Too much. Too much. He wanted to forget it all once again.

"Norge?" the male bent down to the side of the bed keeping his voice quiet for once. His thumb grazed pale, trembling checks like an earthquake in a land of ice. Both full of aftershocks with a section quivering. "Matthias. Please... go."

The Dane frowned "Nej.. I don't think so. What's going on? Why are you so...." the taller sighed and ran his hand through Lukas's hair "What's wrong? I can help."

"Just go. That will help Matthias. Please. I need to be alone."

"Let me help. Is it your economy? Illness broke out? Bankrupt? Lukas please, I can help with all of them. Let me give you money or send doctors!"

"Matthias. Go."

"Who's fault is this, government? Yours? Foreign?"

"It's yours Matthias! Leave me alone! Get out!"

Blue eyes stared into a dark bluish purple haze of ords. "...mine... how? What did I do?"

Lukas's body went rigid "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT YOU DUMBASS DANE! GET OUT!"

Matthias still by the bed grimly nodded before slowly leaving and closing the door the best he could. The male walked through the house the same ghost would be described to do. Soft screams of the weight came from the stairs as two others watched him enter a ghastly pale. "So what's wrong?" came the smaller.

"Don't know."

"D'd s'm'th'ing h'pp'n? D'd s'm''n' d' s'm'th'ng?"
He nodded.

Tino stared lost. Someone did this to the Norwegian? He didn't understand how. Of course he did remember times of him being upset but to this scale? It was even past when he lived with Sweden. "Who?" he asked.

Matthias was quiet almost debating on telling them. As of second nature fingers drilled tunnels through his hair.

"'s th'r' 'n'ss'' w'th wh' 't 's?"
"Matthias! Please! If you know who's torturing Lukas to this point shouldn't you tell us?"

"It's me!" he muttered. "Lukas said it was me. I'm hurting him. Are you happy?!" his volume slowly increased as he stormed past the and a bang of a door resounded through the home.

It was quiet between them. Both were lost within their minds attempting to reconnect old wires for the spark of memory. These last times were docile in the home. The only item the group as a whole even noticed was the Norwegians failing sanity. But what happened between them to make the insecurities on Matthias's shoulders? Their mind fizzled as Tino sighed. Something they would never know most likely.