Chapter 11

Matthias carefully unlocked the door, gently closing it. Although it was tempting to flick on a light, he couldn't unless he wanted to draw attention to himself more than he already had. Two weeks. Over two weeks. Longer then he planned but it would be fine. And the memories eased after a week and a half so he was in the clear for being sane. Now to find his Lukas.

A door closed upstairs followed by two sets of feet on the stairs. No, no, no he needed to talk to Lukas alone. A hand went to his pocket and clenched everything in it in hopes to make him protect the promise that much more. He needed to move but he didn't and made direct eye contact to blue and violet eyes.

"Matthias!" gasped Tino now flying down the stairs and giving him an awkward hug. One he did not want. "Hej Finn."

The final two Nordics came down upon hearing the Fnnish blond and stared. "Anko!"

The Dane now had two blonds hugging him and an angry Icelandic glaring. All he could think of was he got stuck doing more paperwork. Slowly Tino pulled away and Matthias happily hugged Lukas. Ignoring the audience he softly rubbed the others back . "Glad to see you better, Norge."

He felt the tug of his tie as his face was pulled to the Norwegian's. How he hoped he'd just kiss him. "Where the hell were you!" he shouted strangling him. The grip loosened after several seconds. "Denmark! And, Norway. Mostly."

"You didn't talk to anyone for two weeks!"

"Lukas, I know. I lost my phone!"

"Your boss you idiot!"

"This was more important I promise! But, I need to talk to you. Privately."

"What?"

Slowly he attempted to lead him upstairs and it worked till Emil wouldn't let him pass. "Actually, Matthias it's crucial I talk to you. I promise, it's will change certain things."

Now it was his turn to stare confused. "Emil, can it wait?"

"Nope." The teen grabbed his wrist and slightly tugged him up to the Dane's room. Nothing could stop the ashen blond from making sure his brother wouldn't be freaking out with out better support. As soon as the door was closed and lock Emil sat on the chair for the Dane's desk, frowning with crossed arms. "You remember don't you?"

Matthias was lost. Emil knew? "Ja? How do you?"

"Lukas was having his breakdowns cause he got them back. Romania and England spilled over phone and I forced them to give them back."

"And you never told me!"

Emil shrugged "He was scared. I basically convinced him you hated him."

"Why would you do that Emil! I could never hate Lukas!"

Iceland was silent. Giving Matthias a chance to continue. "I love him Emil. We were going to be a family! What would make you even think I could hate him!"

Still silence. Matthias huffed and started mumbling on how Emil was never understood anything.

"I was mad! You think Peter and Thomas are the only kids who thought they had a family but didn't? I and Lukas can tell you how many times I asked if we were like a normal family! And how many times he'd have to said that we couldn't be?"

"Emil, I-"

"That doesn't matter." he sighed "Lukas doesn't remember."

"You just said he did!"

"I called Romania and England to take them back. He's clueless."

What was he supposed to do. Lukas didn't remember anything. Why did Emil take them away like that! Another half a week and he'd be fine. They would just have to hold him a little closer. His fists clenched. What was he thinking? Lukas hated having to deal with emotions and too much of something that intense would drive him crazy. It did drive the Norwegian crazy. Matthias shouldn't have left him. This time he wouldn't though.

"Let's get them back then. We have ours so we could explain right? And, and everything could be as it should be."

The teen stood "You got the, the, you know?"

"Ja. That's why I was gone."

"Throw it away. My storebror doesn't need nor want another union with you after what you put him through." Then, he walked out and left Matthias lost. If the Norwegian didn't remember, didn't want what they almost had, and Emil fought against him for Lukas's choice, what was he supposed to do?

Lukas cocked a brow as his brother walked away from the room. Emil hadn't noticed him or the teen most likely would've said something considering the stomps that were echoing followed by exasperated sighs. They were definitely brothers. Lukas cautiously knocked on the Dane's door. If he did anything to make is lillebror upset he was going to kill him. Slowly. Very very slowly.

"Busy!" Came the familiar voice, but it definitely wasn't happy. Wasn't it him who said it was important to talk? No way was he too busy. Instantly his mind made a worse case scenario.

Over the past two weeks Emil has talked about a crush that he's been missing. And he wanted to confess but in person. Could he like Matthias? It made sense, Lukas just wasn't in favour of that idea. His jaw clenched, Matthias hurt his brother. "Your the one who said to talk."

The door opened. Blue eyes had forming tears and Lukas was shocked. Did confessing go that bad? Lukas knew Matthias never felt anything romantic for the teen but they were still close. Matthias was probably upset that he'd lose that. "Norge, I. Not now? Something came up?"

With no hesitation he brought up his own topic. "Fine. Emil's upset. What did you do?"

"Nothing!"

He couldn't believe that. "You did something Matthias. I swear, I will figure it out and deal with you. Understood?"

Solemnly Matthias nodded and closed the door. Leaving the Norwegian lost outside the door frame. He knew Emil and him looked alike, and if Emil confessed and the Dane didn't want to see him, maybe he wouldn't want to see Lukas.

Although he wanted to slap the Dane for rejecting his brother, he wanted to slap the Icelander for chasing him. Matthias could be dangerous and so carelessly to fall in love with him. It was deadly. Lukas knew that all too well.

He left to his room to inform nations that the Dane was back and just being the typical stupid lovable idiot he was.