Chapter 38

The Nordics were all in the living room silently, minus one, well two. Matthias then slammed the door. His eyes were red. No one had to ask if he was crying. Of course he was. Blue eyes narrowed to a glare against violet. "Your probably so happy right now, am I right?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Sniffled the Finn wiping his eyes. Why would he be happy! Lukas, one of his best friends were dead!

"Just thinking since you wanted to burn him yourself huora."

The silence returned. Emil and Berwald watched shocked. There were obviously things they missed. How could they miss tension between the two loudest in the house though besides the boys! And obviously it wasn't anything pretty. Sure, Berwald knew something happen but it wasn't as if they didn't bicker because they did. "I was just angry Matthias! That was months ago!'

"And now he's dead! And all I can think about is how someone he cared about and thought as family thought he deserved it! Guess what Tino! Arthur figured out why Berwald got into his coma! Me!"

Tino was silent. He really didn't have a chance against Matthias especially with how upset he was. "I-"

"No. You don't get to say anything!"

Emil rushed to get the Dane out of the room leaving Berwald to comfort Tino...

Dear readers, as much as I would love to say that everything turned out fine, this is the end...

The land that was once the Kingdom of Norway was given to Iceland. Over the next years, much more paperwork came along with a growing economy that didn't just rely on tourism. As it was, the biggest trades seemed to be done with the three other Nordic nations and Hong kong. With all the growth of the Nation Emil aged about a year and a half so he now looked older than Leon.

They teased each other all the time about it.

Peter and Thomas took the news poorly. No one wanted to think of death knocking at their family's doorstep. When they were upset however, they tended to now lean towards Emil for this topic which often resulted in the three watching Frozen and another promise of when older, watching troll hunter. That was not a movie they could watch yet, and if Tino or Berwald ever heard they were planning on watching it soonish, they'd be burned at the stakes themselves.

Tino and Berwald obviously worried for the boys and how they were handling it but with time they realized the boys were doing better than them. It was hard, however they knew they loved each other and their relationship was spreading faster then what they originally planned. And although neither were prepared for the final leap yet, they did discuss it and it was left as in some time.

Matthias, he started slacking his job as the personification of the Kingdom of Denmark causing many issues with the economy. No longer was he as energetic before, something all nations agreed he would most likely, never get back. He was hurt after all. He made sure to still take care and look out for Emil. Constantly helped with the boys, and thanked Leon for how he helped Emi'ls economy during the ordeal. Slowly he began talking to Tino once again although no real spoken apology came from the Dane. It wasn't as if anyone expected it anyways.

Never once did Matthias take off his engagement ring after.

As for the Magic trio now reduced to due. They didn't rest. It was their fault and they fully accepted it. Only if they hadn't placed the sleeping curse then maybe, instead they would've been attending Lukas's wedding instead. Romania was the one who showed his emotions the most and although Bulgaria didn't know the Norwegian as well, always helped try to soothe him.

Moldova believed that they were secretly together but was lacking the evidence. Lucky him that Peter, Thomas, Emil and Leon agreed to help him prove what was actually occurring between the two. Turns out he was correct.

Arthur started spending more time with old colonies not wanting the pain of losing another person. The Brit feared it would hurt more seeing them walk around but acting like ghosts. Therefore he started even being nicer to France.

It didn't last long, only seven minutes but it was the thought before all else.

However, as stated above they didn't rest and had even more meetings in hopes of finding something that could help.

No one talked about Lukas or Norway much since his death. No one could bring themselves to. So while he was in what he called the nations' Valhalla and tampering with the Aura Borealis no one dared entered the room that was once his bedroom. The only home that anyone did go into was his one in Oslo, and that was Emil because he had meetings for inheriting his storebror's land. Iceland still went to the house, although everyone just assumed he bought his own.

It was his spot to really remember the big brother who worked hard to raise him, the one who taught him how to not only correctly lead his nation but how emotions are too complicated. Nonetheless, as much as Emil would prefer to change it, to have his storebror still with him, to have his family whole.  

He couldn't change it.

And yet he nor no other dared to enter his room at the shared home leaving not only the engagement ring to collect dust but a small cross pin that could somehow contact trolls as well.