Chapter 8

Tino opened the door eyeing his friends body. It barely moved, and he couldn't tell if the blankets hid it or it was that his breathing was shallow. The clock in the corner blared a five twenty three. No one was up besides him, after all Lukas had been unconscious since yesterday morning and he couldn't comprehend how that this was what he wanted. A huff echoed the silent room, normally he wasn't even up although he was certain they all would sleep in, especially the boys. No one went to bed to at least one and the Finn knew he and Emil went to bed later.

As for Matthias, he didn't know. Tino didn't get him and Lukas at all. Surely they enjoyed each other since when something was wrong they acted more couple-y than Berwald and himself and yet, here Lukas was, dying for anyone knew and Matthias left. For a meeting.

What happened to Matthias... He left his country for years to raise Emil in his own nation and attempt to get the Norwegian back. And why the hell was it so frustrating to the Finn? It wasn't like Matthias had to stay, it wasn't like they vowed anything after all he'd have known. Why did it seem wrong that he left in the others time of need.

What he did know was simple, they knew each other as Vikings and where always close however something happened during the Kalmar union or right before it. Tino, however, couldn't remember it being bringing a positive nor negative impact to any personification. Which then leaded to Lukas getting put under Swedish rule.

He gave up. They were too confusing to think about this early in the morning with a maybe lucky five minutes of sleep.

"Matthias." he mumbled turning his head slightly.

The Finn bite his lips. Did the Norwegian always call for the tall blond? He shook his head, how would he ever know, normally he'd be off talking to Berwald and said Dane would be comforting him and holding him if he fell asleep.

"Your watching. It's kinda stalker-ish don't you think."

He jumped yelping from shock, luckily it as all but a yelp since the Norwegian only tossed some more where as if anything louder he'd be awake, at least, normally. His eyes turned to violet ones, although they weren't focused on him. Instead, they watched Lukas. "I just, couldn't sleep and normally someone would be with him and-"

"Stop. Who cares that Matthias had a meeting. I can take care of my storebror, it's not like he doesn't help me."

Okay, now the poor Finn was even more confused. Why was Emil so protective. It was just like when he was younger and the only person that was allowed even remotely close to him was Norway, so he became, basically, possessive, since the Norwegian was like a comfort toy for the child until they got him the puffin.

Eyes scanned him. Maybe he really did just want to help his brother, and if that was the case could he really said anything? Emil wanted to be able to comfort Lukas, once upon a time Tino felt the same. Still he wouldn't mind helping but he mostly gave up on that happening. And he was sure Emil had to. Apparently not though.

"Normally-"

"Forget normally. Nothing is, the same."

He cocked a brow. Something was definitely bugging the teenager. The other day he was off to, maybe he was still ill. "Did England and Romania help you?"

"Me wh- er, oh. Yeah, a lot. I'll look after Lukas so don't worry." he softly smiled "Beside, I owe it to him."

Instead of even bothering to question him he just simply played along with what he said. All the Finn could wonder though is if his protectiveness had to do with an absent Dane.

While he was deep in thought the body tossed for several seconds until landing on his back and bringing an arm over his face. A small groan came from him. The Finn grinned about to say something but was cut off by the screaming Icelandic who was already on the bed."Storebror! Storebror! You're okay!"

The poor Norwegian propped himself up slowly completely lost from his brothers actions but instantly he was engulfed in a hard hug. "Oof. Ja, ja Emil. I'm fine lilebror. I'm fine." Lukas whispered softly using a hand to gently rub the back of the other's head. "Tino? I would have suspected tha-"

"Matthias had to go. Although he'd want to know your up. I'll call, Emil missed you."

"How long was I out of it?"

"Since yesterday morning." answered Emil holding onto him "I don't want you to leave me. I was so scared it was to late."

Lukas stayed silent Tino smiled and rolled his eyes and went to grab the phone quick to dial the Dane. He stood there grinning as it rung. However the Dane didn't answer and it quickly brought him to voicemail. The Finn huffed. Matthias probably passed out waiting all night for an update is all he could reason with.

Matthias stared at the phone from across the room until it stopped. Quickly he set the box down and tore through the contents in a panic. Already he was going to be late, he didn't care. He'd skip all the meetings. Every item in the box were soon thrown to the floor. "Damnit! Where is it!" The Dane cursed tossing away the bin to find another. At least he hoped there was another.

With seeing there was none he clenched his fist attempting to think of any of his, of their old homes that would have it. So many. He stopped to think of what was were important to them. "Egeskov castle! Why didn't I think of this before?" he mumbled running out to his car. And driving from the capital to the northern island were the home was located. It didn't matter how long the drive would take he was going.

Matthias Kohler needed to get there. He'd let his nation burn before he gave it up.