Chapter 1

Hi my lovelies!!! I'm back!!! Did you miss me? Probably not but I have a new book out and I'm so excited for you guys to read it!!! Warning this chapter does have violent actions towards a minor!! As I say every time, I do NOT in anyway condone the dark content in these books!!! There are also mentions of mental illness in this book!!! I understand that mental illness is a serious condition and I do not mean to disrespect or make fun of anyone who is struggling with mental illness!! If you are suffering from mental illness then please seek help!!! My writings and depictions in this story are merely fiction!!! If you are okay with reading about torture and mental illness then please continue and enjoy!!!!

I stare out of the tiny window in my room in complete boredom. A small bird lands on the windowsill on the other side of the window, just out of my reach. I stare at the small brown being as it pecks at the windowsill. Probably looking for food. Of course there's no food to be found, and the bird flies away. I watch as the bird effortlessly flies over the large metal gate, and back into the freedom of the world.

I step down from the small metal chair that allowed me to look out of the window in the first place. I take a glance around my room, looking for something to distract my boredom. My cell is painted completely white. Not even a speck of dirt taints it. Even the twin bed that stands right across from me is covered in white sheets and a big fluffy white quilt. Next to the bed is my desk. My notebook and pen are the only thing that decorates the tiny wooden desk, but I don't feel like writing today.

There's nothing to do here, I think to myself and sigh. Plopping down into the metal chair, I cross my arms across my chest and close my eyes. I listen intently for anything new within the halls of my "home." Nothing. Opening my eyes, I stare down at my hands. They are balled up so tightly that my nails are digging into my skin, making my hands bleed. Gasping, I stand up and look for anything to wipe my hands on. If I wipe them on my clothes the doctors will surely notice. After all, red is a large contrast to white. And all that I'm wearing is a short sleeve white shirt, white pants, and even white shoes. I quickly run to my bed, and lift up the quilt. Vigorously, I rub my hands onto the white sheets, staining it with the dark red blood. The sound of footsteps soon make their way to my ears. I throw the quilt over the sheets and sit on my bed, grabbing my notebook and pen, making it appear that I am writing.

The door opens, and a tall man wearing a long white coat walks in. His beard is freshly shaved, and a mop of dark brown hair lays atop his head. He has a crooked nose and his eyes are a forest green. Two other men, both larger than the man in the white coat, walk in as well. The man, who I have come to know as Dr.Sullivan, sits in the chair across from my bed. He notices the notebook in my hands, and smiles. "Have you found inspiration Adeline?"

I nod, not saying a word. "How is your day going so far?" I write something down quickly in the notebook, and show it to him.

Fine.

Dr.Sullivan nods, and writes something down on a clipboard held tightly in his hands. I'm glad that he doesn't try to force me to talk anymore. It took a while, but eventually he learned that I'm not like the other people here. I don't care how much he tortures me or puts me through those so-called "treatments", I won't crack.

Dr.Sullivan look at the two large men and nod. One of the men-a bald guy whose head is so shiny that the light reflects off of it-steps forward and takes out something from one of his large pockets. Handcuffs. Before I can even think about running away, the other man rushes towards me, and grabs my arms. I glare at the man holding me, silently telling him to let me go. This guy actually had hair, unlike the other man. It's cut very short but I can see a hint of brown. He face is stern and emotionless. Even when I give him a glare full of nothing but hate, his expression does not change one bit. I try to break out of the man's hold, but he has a firm grip on my arms. The other man walks towards us and puts the handcuffs around my wrist as his partner holds me still. The man with hair wraps his arms around my waist and lifts me up, before beginning to walk out of my room. I kick wildly, hoping to hit one of them. Where are they taking me? Why did they handcuff me? Did I do something wrong? Surely Dr.Sullivan didn't see the bloodstains on my sheets. I covered it up well. I hate the unknown, and them taking me out of my room with no explanation is not helping at all.

I get a good kick on the bald man's chest when he tries to grab my flailing legs. He growls lowly, and finally gets a grip on my feet. As we walk down the hallway, I twist and turn my body, letting out loud screams. I can see as other patients peek out of the small slots in their doors, curious about all of the commotion. Some of them watch my struggle sadly, while others look at me with amused eyes. Throughout the entire thing, I notice Dr.Sullivan only writing things down on his clipboard, seemingly ignoring the commotion that I'm causing.

We eventually arrive to a big white door, which Dr.Sullivan uses to open with a key. The men carry me inside of the room. They lay me down onto a long table with a hard cushion on it, and quickly place straps around my shoulders, arms, legs, and ankles. Before my arms get strapped down though, my hands flail, and I scratch the bald man on his cheek. He winces, and presses down hard onto my chest. With my chest feeling like it's constricting, my arms fall down. They take the opportunity to tighten the bonds around my body.  I try to wriggle out of the binds, but they are so tight that I almost can't breathe. I look at my surroundings and see that there is only one window in this entire room. It's big enough to fit three people in it. I can see outside clearly from here. I look to the right of me. Dr.Sullivan plugs in a large machine with lots of large circles on it. He takes out two pads with wires inside of them, and places the pads onto my temples. The bald man walks towards me and grabs my cheeks and squeezes them, forcing my mouth open. He puts a large circle, that also has a strap attached to the outside of it, and places it inside of my mouth. He quickly wraps the leather strap around my head, and tightens it. I try to use my tongue to push out the large circle, but the strap prevents it from coming out.

Dr.Sullivan leans over me and smiles. "Don't worry Adeline. This will only hurt for a second. It'll help your treatment progress even faster." He leaves over to the big machine, and turns the knob.

Immediately, I feel a rush of electricity flow through me. My body convulses and I feel like I'm on fire. After a few seconds, Dr.Sullivan turns the knob, and the pain stops. I feel like with every deep breath I take, I'm losing more oxygen than getting it. I breathe deeply through my nose. Dr.Sullivan turns the knob, and my body feels like it's on fire again. Tears well in my eyes, and a few even manage to leak out. Even when Dr.Sullivan turns the knob, and the electricity stops flowing through me, my body still feels like it's on fire, and I'm still convulsing.

I stay on the table for probably hours, Dr.Sullivan turning the knob in and off again. I don't know why, but after a while, I can't seem to remember anything. When did I get in this room? Why is he doing this?

Suddenly, everything stops, and I can't feel anything anymore. The bald man walks towards me, loosening the straps around my body until they're off completely. He then sits me up. Dr.Sullivan walks toward us, and stares at me. My eyes are lifeless and droopy. I can barely even look at Dr.Sullivan. He smiles and says something to the bald man that I can't hear. The man nods and lifts me, putting me over his shoulder. I don't have any energy to even fight. I'm so tired...

As he walks down the hallway with me over his shoulder, I stare numbly at the ground. I watch as the white tiles on the floor zoom past, making me dizzy. So sleepy...

Soon my eyes close and I embrace the comfort of sleep.