Chapter 6

Holy crap is this an update?!?! It feels like forever since I've been on here. Sorry for the long wait guys!! I was up in the mountains and woods for an entire week and it was the hardest things I've ever done. If you'd like to hear more about it then feel free to message me. Other than that enjoy the chapter!!!!

I wake up with a dry throat and a pounding head. I groan and clutch my head painfully. Im laying on something soft and warm. It is too soft to be the floor in the mall, so I can only conclude for it to be a bed. Two people gasp from above me, but I don't bother to look at them because I already know who they are. "Are you okay Adeline?" A voice- no, Alex- asks. I give him the best glare that I can manage, even in my current state.

Without warning, I swing my legs over the bed, and stand up. Alex puts his hand on my shoulder, and tries to make me lay back in the bed, but I only shove him away. He stumbles back, clearly shocked at my bold move. When Jason moves forward to say something, I glare at him too.

They used the needle on me. The people who were supposed to help me, used the same method of treatment as the man who abused me. Just when I thought that I could trust them. Tears threaten to spill out of my eyes, so I pinch my leg to make them stop.

A hand rips my hand from my leg, and I look up to see Alex in front of me. He looks at me worriedly, but there is a sense of authority in those bright blue eyes. I don't back down though. "Adeline, don't do that to yourself." I stare at him defiantly. If he thinks that he can just use a needle on me, then starts telling me what to do, he has another thing coming.

I step past Alex and Jason, leaving what I'm guessing is their room. I walk into my own, flopping down on the bed. The tears are stinging my eyes so I pinch my leg again, glad that Alex isn't here to make me stop. Footsteps make themselves known outside of my room, and I perk up curiously. I can hear Alex and Jason's voices but they are muffled. I stand up, and move towards the door, pressing my ear against it.

"What do we do? I want to help her, but she just keeps shutting us out. She can't even speak so we have no idea how she's feeling," Jason's voice asks.

"Maybe we should do what the man said. He gave us his number, and he told us to call in case something happens," Alex replies.

The sincerity in their voices confuses me. They sound so worried, yet they still hurt me. I shake my head, and continue listening to the conversation.

"Mom and dad wouldn't want this," Jason murmurs. He sounds so close to tears it's almost pitiful. Alex doesn't say anything else and soon, the footsteps disappear. I slide down, sitting on the floor. They seem so sad about mom and dad. I don't understand why they would want me back in their life. After all, who would let their parents' killer into their home?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Adeline? Can you come downstairs please?" Jason yells to me. I groggily roll off the bed, groaning. My stomach growls lowly. After what happened yesterday, I didn't come out my room for the rest of the day, meaning that I hadn't eaten since yesterday morning. My night was restless, and I hadn't fallen asleep until the early hours of the morning. Every time my eyes would close, I was plagued my nightmares.

I walk downstairs, and my heart almost leaps out of my chest. Dr.Sullivan stands up from his seat on the couch, and smiles at me. "It's nice to see you again Adeline. Though I do wish that it was under different circumstances." I look at Alex and Jason who both seem just as nervous as me. Why do they have to be nervous for? They've only known this man for a few days. I've know him for 3 years. They have nothing to be nervous for.

Dr.Sullivan motions for me to come down the stairs, and I timidly do. Once I'm downstairs, he looks at my brothers.

"I would like to speak to Adeline alone please if you don't mind." Alex seems hesitant to do so, but he agrees, ushering Jason out of the living room, and upstairs. As I watch them go upstairs, I realize that I'm completely at this man's mercy. It's just like back in the asylum.

Before I can even blink, Dr.Sullivan is in front of me. His usual calm facade is gone, and is now replaced with a look of barely controlled anger. He teeth are gritted, and his hands are balled. That stupid white coat that he always wears is wrinkled. A hand roughly grabs the back of my neck, and he pulls me unbearably close to him. The strong scent of mints hits me, almost making my nose burn.

"Now listen here Adeline," he spits my name out like it's acid. "I want you to be on your best behavior here. I may not like your brothers, but I will not tolerate hearing that you have been acting out. If I get another call saying that you have done anything wrong, I will not hesitate to bring you back with me to the asylum. You hear me?"

I whimper and nod at his angry voice. I'm so used to seeing him so calm and composed that it's almost terrifying to see him when he's angry. And right now, he's furious. Any thought of disobeying him flies out of the window, and it sickens me. The strong willed girl that I once was is nothing more than the frightened child that I used to be when I first arrived at the asylum.

He lets go of my neck, and returns back to his composed nature. "That's good," he says. "Now, I have to go and apologize to the man that you attacked." He walks to the front door, and glances back at me. "Just so you know, I have prescribed you a new medication to help with your...sociopathic tendencies, because the pills that I have given you clearly do not work. I expect that you'll take take every morning and night."

He opens the door, and leaves, but not without giving me a final farewell. "So long Adeline." The door closes, and I'm left alone in the living room. My hands are shaking like little leaves, and my heart thumps harshly against my chest. A hand rests on my shoulder making me jump. I turn around to see Alex and Jason staring at me. Anger bubbles in me, though it doesn't stay for long once I get a good look at both of them. They both look extremely tired and worried. Their blue eyes, once bright and lively, are now dull. And I did that to them. I hate my brothers. But, I never wanted to hurt them. I hate these emotions that are overwhelming me.

I should have stayed in the asylum. At least when I was there I didn't have to worry about stupid things like feelings and emotions.

Before I can run up the stairs to my room, Jason speaks. "Listen Adeline." his voice cracks and he sounds like he's about to cry. It's sad really. "I know that we don't have the best relationship, but me and Alex want to make this work. All we're asking for is for you to help us. Will you please try to just bear with us. We're new to this and we just need you to be patient with us. So what do you say?"

I don't want to try though. I want things to be the way that they used to be. I want my parents. I want to be the happy little girl that I used to be. At this rate, I'd rather be back in my room where I was alone, and didn't have to worry about other people.

Then I remember Dr.Sullivan's words. Going back to the asylum isn't an option. If I go back then my treatments are sure to be worse than ever before. I just have to bare with them. I take a deep sigh, and nod my head. Alex and Jason smile so hard that I think their faces are gonna split in half. Their happy faces almost make me feel bad for having to trick them like this. Almost.

Sorry if the chapter isn't that good guys! I've been having a really hard time writing lately. If you have any tips then please give them to me because you guys deserve the best! Leave a vote and comment! See ya later my lovelies!!!