Chapter 8

Hi everyone I'm back!! I've been gone for so long and I miss you guys!!! I apologize for the long wait but I definitely plan on finishing this story!!Before this chapter begins I would like to explain that I accidentally wrote in Alex's name instead of Jason's at the end of the last chapter. So in case you're confused it was Jason who went to work and not Alex. I went back and fixed it so I don't confuse any future readers. Sorry for the mistake and enjoy the chapter!!!

"It's nice to meet you Adeline," the woman says suddenly. She has curly blond hair that reaches her shoulders, but I can see a few strings of grey in them. She looks middle aged and has a few wrinkles that appear even more whenever she smiles. There's a small but definite beauty mark on the side of her neck and when she smiles I notice the dimples that decorate both of her cheeks. She pushes her glasses up onto her nose and her smile widens.

"I'm Mrs.Morrison. I hope that one day we can become good friends." She reaches her hand out for me to shake. It takes her about 6 seconds until she realizes that I'm not gonna take her hand. Instead, I just stare up at her.

She clears her throat and puts her hand back to her side. Jason puts his hand on my shoulder but I quickly shrug it off. I hate being touched, I think bitterly.

I sit on the couch next to Alex while Mrs.Morrison sits across from us in the recliner. Alex explains to me that he and Jason thought that it would be best if I started getting an education as soon as possible. So now, here we are.

Mrs.Morrison is going to be my private tutor along with someone else who I have yet to meet. When Mrs.Morrison asked why I don't go to a regular school Jason gave her a cold stare telling her that I "have certain needs that must be met", before leaving for work. The woman looked shocked at first but at least it stopped her from asking any more questions.

The door opens and a young man walks in. He's definitely younger than Mrs.Morrison and both of my brothers. He looks about the same age as Kat from the asylum. I wonder how she's holding up...

Before I can dwell too deep into my thoughts, the boy speaks up. "Sorry I'm late. An old woman needed help crossing the street so it took up some of my time," he tries say jokingly, though none of us laugh.

Mrs.Morrison only rolls her eyes. "Honestly Jace, I would think that you'd be on time on the first day." She sighs but puts a bright smile on her face.

"Sorry about him," she motions to the boy. "This is Jace Roberts. He's a new intern and I thought that it would be good to have someone younger help Adeline with her studies."

The boy, Jace, has black hair similar to my brothers, minus some of the blonde hair that Jason has. His large eyes are a dull brown, but they hold a lot of life in them. Despite it still being summer, he's wearing a long white t-shirt and a pair of jeans. He smiles kindly at me. A smile that I don't return.

I write something down on the notebook sitting in my lap and show it to Alex. "Do I really have to do this?"

Alex chuckles. "Yes, you really have to do this. It's what's best for you." I glare slightly at him. As if he knows what's best for me. He thought that leaving me in an asylum for 3 years was what was best for me, and look how that turned out. I take a deep breath, preparing for an exhausting day ahead.

     +++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"You don't like me very much do you?"  Jace asks. I look up at him, surprised that he caught on so quickly.