Sick Day

Sam's POV:

I wake up coughing. I sniffle and then sneeze. I look at the alarm and it says it's one a.m. I sneeze then try to go back to sleep but fail. I ended up staying up until the alarm clock went off and Ash woke up.

"Good morning Sammy." He says.

I then cough. He puts his hand on my forhead then my cheek.

"Oh, Sammy, you're burning up." Ash says.

"I think I have a cold." I say.

"Okay. I'll get Miss. Christine." He says then gets dressed and then leaves.

I try getting up to get dressed but I just cough. I then run into the bathroom and throw up into the toilet. I hear Ash come into the room.

"Sammy? Where are you?" He says.

I just throw up. Ash and Miss. Christine walk in and I'm naked except for my binder.

Miss. Christine then calls Cora. After ten minutes or so, Cora comes in and checks to see what I have.

"What is it?" I groan.

"Just a stomach bug. Nothing huge. But you shouldn't be going to school." She says.

She hands Ash some medicine for me and then leaves.

"You should stay here and take care of Sam, I'll call the school." Miss. Christine says.

She leaves and Ash takes me to our bed. He hands me the trashcan and I throw up more. He rubs my back.

"It's okay Sammy." He says.

"I want death." I say.

"I put my pants on for you." He says.

I laugh.

"I need mountain dew red!" I yell then cough.

"Michael makes an entrance!" He says.

I lay down and hug a pillow. The pillow is warm and cuddly. Ash grabbed a few blankets and left for a minute.

He comes back and puts three warm blankets over me. They're soft. I melt into them and fall asleep.

I'm lying in a cloud. It's soft and warm. I don't want to leave. I like this too much this warm land of bliss. I'm alone. The sent of strawberries fill my senses as I lay on the warm cloud. I look down and see the city below.

I jump off the cloud and float above the city that I have never liked. I fly away to land of bliss. No one is there.

I take in the sight of the ocean slapping against the sand in uneven waves. I felt the air gently blow through my hair as I realize that I have my long hair again. I look down and my clothes and it's a dress. This isn't right. This isn't me. I tear at the dress and rip it off. I make a binder out of leaves and vines. I look out at the water and find a sharp object and slice my hair into a short pixie cut.

I  couldn't stand it anymore. The idea of being a girl ate away at me little by little. I can't look at myself anymore when I look like a girl. It makes me go crazy and I just want to jump off a cliff so I don't have to see myself anymore.

I start running along the beach. My bare feet hitting the sand propelling me forward. I'm numb. All I feel is my heart racing. The smell of salty water and wet sand fills my lungs. I'm no longer aware of my surroundings.

I jump into the water and feel it surrounding me. I feel my lungs filling with salt water as I slowly fall into the depts of the ocean. I choke up water trying to breathe but I can't. I then feel someone shaking me.

"Sammy!" I hear Ash trying to wake me up.

I wake up coughing.

"Sammy are you okay?" Ash asks me.

"Yeah, I'm fine Mon amour. Just a little cough." I say I curl up into the warm blankets.

Ash sat on the bed next to me. He played with my hair as he hummed me a song.

"You're too good to me Ash." I say.

"My job as your boyfriend is to take care of you Sammy." He says.

"Thank you." I say.

He kisses me on the cheek and smiles at me. I smile back. Ash traces shapes on my back and humms my favorite songs. He's too good to me. I wish I could do more for him to make up for all he's done for me. I grab his hand and drift off to sleep once more, returning to the beach.