The Coffee Shop Investigation

Ash's pov:

While at the coffee shop waiting for the person to arrive I hear someone go on stage and set up. I look at the stage and see that it's Sammy. Was this the interview he was talking about? Did he get a job here?

"Hi, I'm Sam Collins and I'm going to be singing Good Riddance by the band Green Day." He starts, "This song is dedicated to my twin brother Jasper who tragically passed away yesterday." He says.

He starts playing. I didn't know that he played accustic guitar. But holy shit does he look hot in his glasses with the guitar.

"Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road. Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you were to go. So make the best of this test, and don't ask why." He sings.

I can feel the pain radiate from his music. I hear and feel his pain for his twin brother who had died just yesterday.

"It's not a question but a lesson learned in time, it's something unpredictable but in the end is right. I hope you had the time of your life." I see him tear up a bit but he blinks back the tears.

"So take the photographs and still-frames in your mind. Hang them on a shelf in good health and good time. Tattoo's of memories and dead skin on trial." He sings.

"For what it's worth, it was worth all the while. It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right, I hope you had the time of your life." He sings.

He stops singing and just plays the guitar. He starts crying a little bit.

"It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right, I hope you had the time of your life." He sings.

He finishes the song then bows. Everyone claps and cheers for him. He takes off the guitar then comes over to me.

"May I take your order pretty boy?" He asks smiling.

"If you're hitting on me I'm afraid I'm taken, my boyfriend's too cute and I just can't let him go." I say smirking.

I hear someone call out my name. Both Sammy and I look over at a girl and she looks at us. She comes over to us.

"Is one of you Ashton Michael?" She asks.

"I am." I say.

"I'm the person you called asking to meet up." She says.

She couldn't have worded it better? I look at Sammy and he had taken a step back.

"Oh, well, this is my boyfriend Sammy, he just got a job here! His brother is Jasper. I'm trying to figure out who killed him." I say.

"Okay. Well, where do you want to start?" She asks.

"With two shots of vodka and my sanity back." Sammy says.

I can't help but laugh and Sammy does as well. The girl just looks confused.

"I don't understand..." She says.

"Do you want me to explain?" Sammy asks.

She nods.

"The two shots of vodka part is funny because one, I'm too young to drink, and two, I don't drink." He says. "And the my sanity back part is a joke because of all the horrible shit that has happened to us."

She starts to look conserned and scared of Sammy.

"Anyways, do you guys want anything?" He asks.

"Tea and a coffee cake?" The girl asks.

"The souls of the innocent." I say in a deep and 'demonic' voice. "A bagel." I say in my normal voice.

I can see Sammy trying not to laugh.

"No!" I say in the demonic voice. "Two bagels!" I say in my normal voice.

He breaks and starts laughing.

"Okay, but seriously I want a Carmel mocha." I say.

"Blended with whipped cream?" He asks.

"You know me so well." I smile.

"Coming right up." He says and goes behind the counter.

"So, Jasper was his brother?" She asks.

"Yeah, but first, what's your name?" I ask.

"Cassandra McCall." She says.

"Okay. Just wondering. And yes, Jasper was Sammy's twin brother." I say.

"Oh, I'm sorry." She says.

"No, it's fine. Though the rest of the police force aren't taking this as seriously as I am though." I say.

"Well, you're affected by this. I'm not supprised." She says.

"Yeah. Um, did you have any connections with Jasper?" I ask her.

"I think we had class together at least once. Never talked to him though." She says.

"Oh, really? So you knew him?" I ask.

"Kinda. I mean, besides the few times we were forced to work together in projects." She says.

Sammy comes over with our drinks. He smiles and then goes back behind the counter and talks to a girl. The girl giggles and Sammy blushes. I smile a bit.

"Now that I think about it I think we actually dated at one point." She says.

"Really?" I ask her.

"Yeah. But that was a while ago." She says.

Her story isn't adding up at all. She's lying about something. But I should probably just roll with it for now. Maybe she did kill Jasper