Memories of Tragedy

Ash's pov:

Sammy finally woke up. He scared the shit out of me when he fell.

I look at Sammy who's standing on the ledge of the bridge. I call out to him but he takes the step anyway. He falls off the bridge. I run to the bottom of the bridge and see him lying there, his head was cracked open, his legs in positions I didn't even know were possible.

I grab my phone and frantically Dial 911. I try to stop his bleeding so he doesn't bleed out. I start crying thinking that he might die. The ambulance arrives and takes him away to the hospital. I ride with them. Why did he do this?

I talk to the doctor about what had happened. Once I'm done talking with her I go back over to Sammy.

“Do you remember what happened?” I ask him.

“I remember stepping off the bridge.” He says.

“Okay.” I say.

I run my fingers through his hair. I wonder if he remembered what I said to him when he was slipping in and out of consciousness.

“Sammy, Sammy I'm right here. Everything's okay I'm right here.” I say to him.

I hold him tight.

“Can you sing that one song…” he says quietly.

“Which song Sammy?” I ask him.

“The one from Moana. The one she sings.” He says.

“How far I'll go?” Ask.

He nods.

“I've been, staring at the edge of the water, long as I can remember, never really knowing why.” I sing to him.

“I wish, I could be the perfect daughter, but  I come back to the water, no matter how hard I try.” I sing more.

“Every turn I take, every trail I track, every path I make, every road leads back to the place I know, where I can not go, where I long to be.” I run my fingers through his hair as he smiles.

“See the line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me. And no one knows, how far it goes, if the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me, one day I'll know, if I go there's just no telling how far I'll go.” I sing as Sammy sings softly with me.

"I know, everybody on this island, seems so happy on this island, everything is by design." He sings.

"I know, everybody on this island, has a role on the island, so maybe I can roll with mine." I sing.

"I can lead with pride, I can make us strong, I'll be satisfied if I play along." he sings.

"But a voice inside sings a different song." I sing.

"What is wrong with me?" He sings.

"See the light as it shines on the sea? It's blinding, but no one knows, how deep it goes, and it seems like it's calling out to me, so come find me, and let me know, what's beyond that line, will I cross that line?" We sing together. "The line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me And no one knows, how far it goes If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me One day I'll know, how far I'll go."

Sammy then blacks out and I panic.

"No, no, no, no, no, no." I say frantically. "Sammy wake up!"

He doesn't wake up. Will he ever wake up?

"Ash?" I hear Sammy saying.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Why are you crying?" He asks.

"Because I'm happy that you're alive Sammy." I say.

"Oh..." He says.

"You know I love you, right?" I say.

"I love you too Ash. I'm sorry for scaring you like that." He says.

"It's totally fine Sammy. Just, if you're feeling like doing that again please tell me so I can help you." I say.

"Will do Ash." He says.

"Get some sleep Sammy." I say.

"Okay." He says.

He then lays down and falls asleep. I think about what happened. Then, I fall asleep.