**✿❀Chapter One: Little Mistake❀✿**

A/N

What up it's ya girl Vanilla Swirl

Omg that rhymed

I'm gonna start all of my chapters like that

Um, this is my first book and it'll really suck so TwT

Keep in mind, this takes place during Aphmau's Year, and not everything will be EXACTLY the same as it was in Aphmau's year. 

And there will be Zane~Chan, so if you're not a shipper, don't say I didn't warn you!

Also, keep in mind I am a student! I go to school! I H A V E TO D O W O R K! So if I don't update constantly don't screem at meeee TwT

Kay, time to get started.. Hope you enjoy!

  ♬♩♪♩ ♬♩♪♩ 

3rd Person P.O.V

       The surprise party didn't go as planned, and anyone with a brain could see that.

 Everyone was happy for Aphmau's return, of course. Not everyone knew what was truly going on, what TRULY went down at the lodge. But they could see that their black-haired friend was a bit off. All the attendants at the lodge could do was look at each other blankly. Letting their eyes do the talking, for there were secrets that they could not say out loud. 

 They knew that there was more behind that bandanna Aphmau wore around her head then her eyes. There was a pain-filled stare. Sadness. Grief for someone who didn't even die.

 So, yeah, most everyone was confused as hell. 

 Time Skip

"It really sucks, I was hoping we could cheer her up." Lucinda said, wincing. Kim (and Ghost), Garroth, Lucinda and Zane all sat in Lucinda's house, trying their best to relax on her couch. 

 "Really?" Ghost sneered. "You think she can go through an experience like that, we can ALL go through an experience like that, and then LOOK PARTY and then everything is just dandy?" Ghost replied, her sarcasm evident.

 Zane's P.O.V

 "Oh, shut up with that, will you?" I shoot back, glaring daggers into Ghost's eyes. Well, Kim's eyes. Well, 

 Argh.

 "Life sucks enough without you ruining it more." I throw my head back as I talk. Ghost returns my glare with a loving stare.

 "Oh, Zaney! I didn't mean to upset you!" She cried, looking guilty only because I said something. I roll my good eye. 

 "Don't call my that, and I'm just saying. This is serious." I reply.

 "Argh!" A different voice comes out of the body the two share, so I know it's Kim. "This is not the time to be fighting!" 

 "Kim's right, baby brother." Garroth agrees. I glare at him too. I guess we've all been on edge since the lodge. Especially when Aph got back, we thought we could help, but it didn't seem to help at all. It just makes me feel pathetic.  If I can't even help my best friend through this pain, this suffering, what good am I?

 Lucinda shakes her head, disapproving. "I'm gonna go."

 "Where?" Kim responds, looking at the redhead witch. Lucinda gets up from her seat. 

 "Make a cat potion." Lucinda replies, emotionless. We all have different reactions to those words, and it's written all over our faces. Cat potions have different memories for everyone here.

 "Why?" I demand more than ask.

 "Because they're calming. Why do you think I make them all the time?" Lucinda asks me. I open my mouth to respond but she goes to her room before I can say a single word. 

 "This must have shaken her up a bit too...." Garroth remarks, biting his lip. I nod in agreement. 

 "I'm gonna go talk to her." Kim says, standing up. 

 "No, no, I will. I was the one who started the fight. None of us need that right now." I reply, gesturing for Kim to take her place on the couch again. Kim turns into Ghost.

 "But Zaney~ It wasn't your fault!" Ghost pleads, pouting. How childish of her, but then again, what else is new? 

 "No, Ghost. Don't call me that and sit. Back. Down." Ghost pouts at me but follows my directions. I nod at Garroth before walking upstairs to Lucinda's room, where I assume she went.

 I open the door. "Lucinda?" I greet. I see her at her potion kit and I walk in. 

 Crash.

 What was that? I look down to see a mess of what looks like fur on the ground, and broken glass. I didn't see it when I walked in. "Zaaaaane..." Lucinda groans. "I needed that for the potion! Now I can only make half of it."

 Why did you put it directly in front of the door then? I think to myself. Should I say that out loud? Wait, no I shouldn't. Now isn't the time after what I did. "I'm really sorry. Not just about that, but about back there too." I jab my thumb at the couch. 

 "It's fine, whatever." Lucinda replies, though I can see she's not exactly pleased over that. 

 "Anyway, I just wanted to tell you-" I take a step forward when my foot lands on the broken glass. "Gyah!" I yell in pain, stumbling into Lucinda's potion kit. It's not long before I can feel the liquid on me. I close my eyes and brace myself. After thirty solid seconds of my eyes staying shut, I open them and look at Lucinda.

 I expect her to be mad. I mean, I started a fight at the worst possible time that anyone can ever imagine. Then I broke some of her potion. Then I fell into her potion kit and ruined what was left of her potion. Not to mention before all that, I couldn't even help my best friend. 

 Aphmau. I think, an image of her forming in my mind. She's smiling in my image. She never even smiles anymore.

 I look at Lucinda's face, trying to see how she reacted to my YET ANOTHER stupid, stupid, stupid mistake. She doesn't look mad at all though. She looks.... amused? Like she's about to burst into laughter.

 "What? Oh no, cat potion, am I a cat?" I ask, though I don't expect her to hear me if I'm a cat. Lucinda giggles. 

 "Noooooooo~" She teases.

 "What-" I scratch my head and that's when I feel it.

 A cat ear.

 "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"