24

Arthit's POV

We were just a few steps away when Aat held me by the elbow.

"What is wrong with you? " Aat asked at Kong.

Kong turned to him but instead of looking at him, his gaze was directed at Aat's hand touching me.

His lips perked up forming an arrogant smirk. "Back off! " he said calmly but perilously.

They both looked at each other, me being sandwich in the middle couldn't help but feel the tension between them.

"Wait, wait." I asked to lessen the tension. "What do you need, Kong?" I turned to him.

What's wrong with him? Why is he reacting this way?

He has always been calm and controlled.

"I have something to say, "

"What? "

"Privately, " looking at Aat, as if telling him, his presence wasn't needed at the moment.

"It can wait for sure, "I whisked his hand on my wrist, my heart seemed plumetted when something flickered in his dark eyes -- pain.

Why do I am feeling this?

So unconsciously, I held Aat's hand on my elbow and freed myself from his grip.

I know Kong's up to no good but I hate to see him like that, like he was disappointed in me.

"Aat, I'll give it to you later. " I dismissed him.

I did not wait for him to answer.

"Kong, follow me. " I walked past him without looking back.

When I sense no movements from him, I grabbed his wrist and pulled him along with me.

When we were out of Aat's earshot, I turned to him. "Why are so worked up? "

"He is touching you, "

"So? " I raised my brow.

"I just don't like it, "

"Friends do touch each other, " I said slowly, "It's normal. "

Why am I explaining?

I was taken aback when he closed the distance between us and the next thing I knew, he had me in his arms. "Like this? "

I was flabbergasted by his move.

His hug was warm and tender.

It felt inexplicably good.

I felt like it's where I belong.

My heart beats unbelievably fast while my body was frozen to his embrace.

He hugged me even tighter, so tight that he was afraid of something.

It felt good and I was afraid he would sense it so I pushed him away. "Stop fooling around, Kong! " panting,  I said.

"What's wrong? We're friends, right? Friends normally touch each other. " he asked. It was difficult to figure out if he was mocking or innocently asking me.

I admire how he can always come back with something to shut me up. "What do you want to say? " I muttered between my teeth.

"I forgot, " he said, unapologetically.

"You what? "

"Are you deaf? I said I forgot. " he stated calmly.

I bit my lips.