46

Arthit's POV

I pulled over at a restaurant by the road with little to none parked vehicles in front. I instructed him to get off and order us our meal while I park.

"Are you sure you can manage? " he teased before swiftly plucking himself out of the car. I shoot him a death glare.

"One more word Kong and I will ram your car on the tree. Trust me, I'll do it. " I forewarned him with little conviction.

He laughed as he alighted unconcerned. I watched him disappear in my sight before I proceeded to the spot I was aiming.

I drove as careful as I can. I was afraid to scratch any of the vehicles in the process.

I shouldn't have driven in the first place.

I breathed out laboriously after turning off the engine.

I was astonished when I first stepped in the restaurant. It was quite neat and clean. The exterior gave an impression of an urban garden. It was consistent as you stride in, there were potted plants spick and span. Each tables were separated by chest-length walls. It gave more privacy to its diners.

The dimmed lightning made the place more intimate. The brick walls and the overall wooden theme made it classy and homey. The background music was played softly, it added to the cushy ambience of the restaurant. From the outside, it looked nothing extraordinary but inside, let's just say nice would be an understatement.

It irked me though, this place gave off an impression that I'll be spending more than what I budgeted for dinner.

I intended to eat a simple and cheap dinner but judging from this place, I knew it won't be the case.

I searched for Kong, I spotted him in a flash sitting in the far corner, away from the other diners. I strode towards him.

He flipped through the menu. I was glad he haven't ordered yet.

"Kong, it must be very expensive here. Let's find somewhere cheaper." I proposed.

"It's fine here," he continued reading the menu.

"I don't have much money with me today," I lied. I just don't want to spend so much for dinner.

"My treat," my brows immediately raised up.

"No, let's eat somewhere else." I asserted.

"I've ordered."

"Really? Then, why were still skimming that?" I pointed at what he was holding.

He shrugged his shoulders.

"Did you park somewhere far?" sarcasm was on his tone and his lips perked up for a smirk.

He's at it again.

I slumped myself against the long sofa next to him. I regretted it at once though.

I bit my lips to suppress myself from groaning. "Give it a rest, will you?" I winced in pain.

"Does it still hurt? " he inquired softly.

I looked at him and pouted. "Do you expect it to heal instantly? "