Struggle

I was finally able to finish the chapter, and I hope it's decent. It was a bit of a struggle to write out this chapter because it only leads up to what Zayn does in the next chapter that causes a breaking point in him.

    Warning: The flashback of this chapter contains a scene of the sexual abuse that Zayn endured, so please skip it if you don't think you can handle it. Please. I want each of you to take care of yourselves.

    Love you all, and I am always here to talk. 💕

Chapter 3:

Flashback

       I laid underneath the blanket, remembering the fight mum and dad had a few hours ago. This fight was worse than any of the others. It was about money, and I knew that my dad had to sleep on the couch tonight instead of in the room with my mum. And I was afraid. Afraid of so many things.

      Were my mummy and daddy going to get a divorce? Was I going to have to live with only one of my parents? Would I be left with my dad?

      I felt myself tremble beneath the blanket, and I began to cry at all of the scary thoughts I was having. I couldn't lose my mummy. I just couldn't.

      I sniffled under the covers, hugging myself as I cried, and I felt myself freeze completely as I heard my bedroom door open. I already knew who it was, but hearing his voice made my crying worse.

     "Zayn," My dad called in a whisper, and I heard his footsteps come into the room. The door creaked closed behind him, and I only wished it would open again. I would rather have a monster come out of my closet or from under the bed-- anything other than my dad.

     "Aw, Zayn. What's wrong, my sweet boy?" He asked, and I pulled the covers tightly against me as I felt him grip the edges of it to pull it off.

     "C'mon, Zayn. Let me in. Everything's okay," He cooed, but it only proved to scare me even more. But I was too weak, and he was too strong. He tugged with all of his might, and the covers were yanked out of my grasp, exposing me to his eyes.

     I felt small as he looked down at me in pity, seeing the tears that were running down my cheeks. And he smiled at me, but I didn't feel comforted by it at all.

     "What's wrong, sweet boy? Tell daddy," He said, climbing onto my bed and sitting on the edge. He was still a good distance away, but I was careful not to touch him. I didn't want to touch him. I didn't want to be touched by him.

     "You... you and mummy were fighting an awful lot," I said, deciding to at least make sure one of my worries was wrong. "Are you not happy with mummy?"

    I looked up at my dad, and he gave me another small smile, but he shook his head. "I don't know, Zayn. I don't even know if mummy is happy with daddy right now," He said, and that only made my tears fall faster.

     "Don't you love mummy? Don't you love her? Please don't leave mummy," I cried out, and my dad frowned as he reached out for me. And I was too weak, too scared, too sad to pull away from him-- to resist.

     "Aw, Zaynie, is that what you're afraid of? You think I'm going to leave mummy?" He questioned, and I nodded because it was true. I was very scared of that.

     "I love your mummy, Zayn. I've loved your mummy since we were younger, and I haven't stopped loving her. You don't need to worry about us breaking apart. Because I would never leave your mummy. And I would never leave you, my sweet boy," He said, lifting up my face so that I was looking up at him.