2

Where'd you wanna go?
How much you wanna risk?
I'm not looking for somebody
With some superhuman gifts

~The Chainsmokers & Coldplay,
Something Just Like This

How much of your life are you willing to risk and sacrifice for love?

That's the question her uncle once asked her.

How much is she willing to let go for love?

That didn't bother her until now.

She saw him again. Kissing his pick of the week.

It hurt her to see him with other girls.

But she didn't care. As long as she loves him.

But how long will she love him?

How long will she be willing to fight for the person she had always admired?

She ignored her thoughts and focused on the scene in front of her.

"Ehem." A voice coughed which caught Chad and his "pick of the week's" attention.

"Can you guys make out somewhere else? Like inside the bathroom maybe?" The masculine voice said. She quickly recognized it. Ivan.

"Saved yah." He said putting an arm over her shoulder the moment Chad and his girl left.

"What do you want Smith?" She asked rudely.

Ivan and Martha's mother are bestfriends ever since high school which is the reason why Ivan became Martha's neighbor.

Annoying neigbor. As Martha would describe him.

They have known each other since diaper days which would have made them friends by now, but for some odd reason, they are not. Even their moms wanted them to be together, but they would always disagree.

"Moody much neighbor?" Ivan asked and Martha rolled her eyes in reply.

"Leave me alone Ivan." She said with a dash of sass in her voice.

"Wow, it's the first time you ever called me by my first name Martha. I am so touched by your kind behaviour." Ivan said faking a tear.

"Shut up."

"Hey, I just saved your butt there. Not even gotta thank me?" Ivan said using his puppy dog face.

"No. Who knows what they could have done in the bathroom." Martha said crossing her arms with a pissed off face.

"You're still in love with him huh?"

"Well Ms. Evermore let me ask you a question. How much are you willing to sacrifice for him? How much of your life are you willing to ruin because of him? How long are you going to fight for him, huh Martha?

Wake up. He doesn't love you. He never did. And I think he already made it clear that he never would. Don't ruin your life because of him. Open your eyes and just look for someone else who has treated you way better than he did." He said angrily.

She was about to reply, when all of a sudden, he walked away.