3

I'm gonna pick up the pieces
And build a Lego house
When things go wrong we can knock it down

My three words have two meanings
There's one thing on my mind, it's all for you

~Ed Sheeran, Lego House

Martha walked to her class with Ivan's words playing on her head.

How much are you willing to sacrifice for him?

How much of your life are you willing to ruin because of him?

How long are you going to fight for him?

Wake up. He doesn't love you. He never did.

And I think he already made it clear that he never would.

Don't ruin your life because of him.

But the words that caught Martha's attention more is when he said,

Open your eyes and just look for someone else who has treated you way better than he did.

What does that mean?

She asked herself.

But Ivan did made a point. Her life was ruined because of him.

Her parents got divorced because her mom cheated on her dad. Her dad tried to take her with him but she said no. Because of him. She didn't want to leave him. Just imagine want her life could have been when she moved with her dad to London. It would have been better.

But she still chose him rather than a better future. And now look who's suffering. Everday, her mom would go out early and everynight she would go home late, hooking up with different guys. Everyday.

Her mother has forgotten to pay the bills and the bills from her school. So she paid for it. All on her own. Ocationally, she would steal a few dollars from her mother. But that was it.

She wanted to live on her own. But she couldn't afford renting a room or a house. And her mother barely cares for her.

After realizing how ruined her life is, she let out a deep sigh.

I'm doing the right thing.

She said to herself.