7

What are the things That I want to say
Just aren't coming out right
I'm tripping on words
You got my head spinning
I don't know where to go from here

~Lifehouse, You and Me

They say you should never take people for granted. No matter how much they love you, people get tired eventually. We are all given chances but we never know when the last chance may be.

Martha never thought that Chad would ever reach his last chance until now.

Today is the day she decided to talk to him and tell him that she still loves him no matter what. With a plan that maybe she will be able to change his mind about his girlfriend and break up with her.

And how did that turned out? Bad.

~flashback~

"Chad!" She shouted his name through the empty hallways which caught his attention.

"What?" He asked, annoyed.

"I want to tell you something," she said.

"Fine, go right ahead. Make it quick." He said.

"I still love you," she said.

She was about to say something again when he cut her off, "look, Martha, your a nice girl but I love someone else." He said.

Her heart once again ached at the feeling of being unloved.

He was about to walk away when she stopped him, "wait! Just hear me out. Please," she pleaded with desperation.

"I just need to tell you this. After this I will leave you two alone," she said with so much confidence that she can change his mind.

"I still love you. After all the pain and heartbreak you caused me. After all the sacrifice I made just to be with you, I still love you. After me choosing you over a better life, I still love you. After you hurt me more times that I can count, I still love you. Even though many people told me to stop loving you, I didn't listen because I love you. And until now I still do," she said whispering the last sentence as tears began to form in her eyes.

"Is that all?" He said with no emotion on his voice.

"Yes." She nodded.

Then he started to walk away. That's when all the tears that she was holding back started to flow out of her eyes. She didn't care that she ruined her make up. She didn't care that she looked ridiculous. She just wanted to cry.

She didn't changed his mind.

He still love the other girl.

Not her.

~end of flashback~