The Moment

Warning: I enjoyed writing this chapter. Although it doesn't contain graphical imagery it is extremely exciting for me to be writing as I have been a long Suspian shipper for 8 years.

"We'll explain some other time." Susan promised with a laugh and a considerate smile. "You must be Lilliandil. It's a pleasure to meet you." Sincerely, she spoke whilst holding her hand out, Lilliandil takes it and shakes it. "The pleasures all mine. I've waited over 1300 years to meet you; All of you. I've heard so many stories about all four of you.." She spoke with honesty, a smile beamed off her face. "Shall we have a dance?" Lilliandil suggested before taking Caspians hand and pulling him towards the centre of the gracious hall. "May I have this dance, Su?" Peter looped his arm out for her. Edmund does the same to Lucy. "Of course, Pete." Susan answers before connecting their arms and walking towards the gleeful couple; their siblings following after them.

Gracefully, the six whirled and dazzled the crowd. Caspian flowed from Lillandils grip, to Lucys shoulders and then locked fingertips with Susan and spun her around graciously. "You look beautiful." He whispered before waltzing her towards her older brother. The dance continued for a few more rotations. The music dies down along with all the voices. A familiar women voice croaked and announced it was time for the Kings speech. "...and finally, I want to thank the Kings and Queens of Old for making this night even more special; High King Peter the magnificent, King Edmund the Just, Queen Lucy the Valiant and Queen Susan the gentle. This toast is for you, you are the only family I have left and you taught me more about being a king in a week than I had learned in the first 17 years of my life." He raised his cup, nodded as well as sipping the glass. Like a pack of wolves, the guests howled with appreciation. Lilliandil embraced Caspian, causing Susan to feel queasy.
A hoard of men crowded around Caspian and blocked his view from Susan. Before he knew it she had disappeared onto the balcony.

Like fireflies, the little candles flickered as the wind whistled a warm warning. The humming bird, salutes his queen before fleeing for safety. It was a peaceful yet cautious night in Narnia. Thankfully. Susan admired the calming sound of the ominous waves, her head and heart was oblivious to the dangers that lay ahead of her. A bitter sweet fondness tickled her tongue as she savoured the last swallow of  liquor.

At ease, Susan started humming and swaying to the tune she hadn't realised she missed. For a moment she was back in England; Her family were laughing and enjoying life to the fullest. It was a fair well meal for her father before he left for the war (Song: Artie Shaw – Stardust)

**
"There you are," A husky voice slurred. "I've been looking for you for ages."

Susan turns around and to her surprise the familiar handsome man was a slightly unsteady mess. "Kings aren't supposed to get drunk on their engagement night. Especially not when there's the majority of his kingdom around him." She joked as he threw himself closer to her.
"I'm not ordinary king!" He exclaimed. "Can I have this dance?" He holds his not so enormous hands out – enthusiastic handshakes could definitely snap your wrist in two if you had weak bones. "There's not music."
"Carry on humming, it was beautiful." He said with a hiccup. Susan placed her nimble hands into the trust of his and started humming. Step by step their hearts intertwined, eye fixated on each others. For minutes they endured each other's company until the clock struck midnight, and the celebration died down. "We should get you to bed, I bet Lilliandil's wondering where you are." Caspain was reluctant but moved as his queen asked. He draped his muscular arm around Susan's broad shoulders and guided her to his quarters.

Knock. Knock.

Lightly, Susan knocked on the door before Caspian rotated the glass handle. Before her eyes a radiant blue bed room had been revealed. It was dimly lit, rather romantically. It made Susan feel uncomfortable. "Good night Casp" She spoke with a soft tone before walking back out the door. Within a minute she was at her own wooden door, with a twist of the handle she was able to relax.

Knock. Knock.

Excitedly, Caspian knocked onto Susan's door before claiming that he couldn't sleep. Susan laughed and opened the door a jar. "You haven't even taken off your shoes; how could you have possibly attempted to sleep." He pushes the door slowly and closes it behind him. Susan walks towards her cotton quilt and perches on the edge.

"Four years without you." He paused before joining her on the edge of the bed. "Four years of wondering whether you loved me or not. Four years of one kiss lingering on my lips. Four years of trying to get over you, and I can honestly say: It has never worked." Susan gulped before changing the conversation.

"I was 15, you was 17. I'm now 17 going onto 18 and you're 21. That's the confusing thing about our worlds. Just to confuse things even more, I was 40 once and then 15 all over again."
"And yet you're getting more and more beautiful with age."
"Well I guess for a 1315 year old I am doing pretty well." She joked causing Caspian to chuckle.

For an hour it was constant flirting between the pair, but occasionally Susan would advert to ensure her feelings weren't on display. "Shes honestly so beautiful. You're a lucky man."

"Tell me, was there ever any other loves in your life?" He was curious.
"There was one boy, he was my best friends brother, he had a goatee and moustache. I've never really had a thing for facial hair."
"A goaty? Was he half goat?" Innocently, Caspian questioned Susan. She laughed in return and drew the outline of a goaty on Caspian's Chin. Once she had finished she caressed his cheek.
"It's a pointless amount of hair I must say, especially for someone with white hair. He asked me out to a dance, but I rejected him even though I wanted to go to the dance." Gently, Caspian grasps Susan's hand and kissed it gently. "I must admit I think you've become quite handsome with age. I find the facial hair rather attractive." Goose bumps rose upon Susan's pale skin as he slowly kissed up her exposed arm.
"And why did you reject him?"

"Because he wasn't you."

"And she's not you." He didn't hesitate before pulling her into a passionate kiss that lasted moments.

They was finally alone. Susan's heart accelerated at the touch of Caspian's hands firmly cupping her cheeks. Her heart was running a mile a minute. Coincidentally, so was his. When they pulled away, they were hungry for more. He edged closer, in result she dangled her arms around his neck and he grabbed her waste and pulled her tight.

"Are you sure this is what you want?" She hungrily asked.
"Are you sure?" He repeated. She smiled before crashing her lips against his once more. "Don't make me wait much longer" She moaned before laying on her back. In result he hovered over her and placed her thigh against his waist.

"I want you, I only want you." she murmured in between kisses.
"I want all of you." He exclaims breathing heavily.

Their breathing echoed within the dimly lit room, setting a rhythm to their unfolding passion. Caspian, the intensity in his eyes as enticing as a flame, lowered his gaze to meet Susan's - it was filled with an unsaid desire. A potent silence hung heavy in the air, a language only the lovers could decipher.

Caspian's hands trembled slightly against her skin - a testament to his admittance, to his longing. His heart echoed his sentiments, pounding a tattoo against his ribcage. His dark locks obscured his gaze for a moment before he brushed them away, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead, reassurances whispered in the sanctuary of their cocoon.

"You're making it harder to resist, Susan," he confessed, his voice husky with underplayed passion. His gaze was unwavering, drinking in her every reaction as they navigated the edge of their devouring need.

Words seemed futile amidst such unfathomable intensity. Their bodies craved the bliss only the other's touch could provide, the room resonating with their intimate dance. The raw fervor painting their story was much more captivating than their spoken words.

"But if we are to transition, it will only be with your absolute consent, Susan," he once again reaffirmed, his hands intertwining with hers.

She answered him not with words, but with a fervent embrace that left no room for doubt. The silence afterwards was deafening - drowned only by the rhapsody of their mingling heartbeats. Their separate worlds had collided, and there was no turning back. Now, they would discover new corners of each other, unveiling the layers that had been yearning for such an exploration.