A Simple Question

The word 'Lucy' had echoed around the frail building around ten o'clock that morning.

At one, Peter and Caspian had made peace and shared their joy towards each others news.

Around three o'clock Reepicheep and Aslan had discussed their arrangement to scour Narnia one last time before they return to Aslan's Country.

By tea time, the Primigravida's had announced their news to the family. Aslan was the only one who didn't congratulated them.

It was at seven thirty in which Caspian and Susan had walked into the gardens together. Blindly, She led the way and he followed, his voice guided her. His impossibly enormous hands covered her diamond eyes.

The moon shone shades of opal over the lake, the grass has been tangoing with the breeze. Caspian had to keep reassuring her especially after he almost tripped up her lost feet. A passage down to the docks from their home took only minutes.

"Stay there. Keep your eyes shut." He begged before he boarded the Dawn Treader.  Everything was perfect.

With a swift nod, his crew had begun to sing whilst they played their wood and brass instruments. A pleasant sound.

"Open your eyes." He spoke with confidence and fulfilment.

Susan's heart was in her mouth. Lanterns filled the night sky, as she boarded the almighty ship. At the top, she was greeted by her soul mate. His hands were held out suggesting to dance. Calmly she took it.

Under the star light, they waltzed. Laughter filled narnia with hope and love. Their eyes locked onto each other's, whilst their hearts intertwined.

They both wished it could have lasted forever. But Caspian had a motive.

"I love you." He whispered into her ear.

"I love you too." She beamed.

"The day you came back to me, the day I saw you again. I remembered how beautiful you are, how I was foolish for letting you go so easily. I realised in that moment, that I was completely engulfed in you. That you were the one I wanted to spend my life with." He paused to catch his breath.

He placed one knee upon the ground and presented a sapphire. Susan gasped and wiped away the tear that had fell during his speech.

"Susan Pevensie, Will you do me the honours of becoming my wife?" 

Without a shadow of a doubt, she knew she'd never been happier than in that moment. Overwhelmed, Her eyes begun to fill and before she became uncontrollable, she cried "Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes."

Gleefully, he grabbed her waist and spun her around. Upon her landing, they shared a salty kiss before he placed the ring upon her nimble fingers.

"You have made me the happiest man alive."

"And you have made me the luckiest women alive."