Chapter Five: Sisterly Bond

CHAPTER 5: Sisterly Bond

Both Rhea and I stare wide-eyed at Isabelle. Is this even real?

“How did you get here?” I ask, managing to find my voice after staring at her for a solid three minutes.

She shrugs, “It went by like a blur but While Tybalt, the king of that kingdom. When she and Dante left me alone in Dante’s magic room? Is that what you call it? I don’t really remember but anyway, I was moving around and found this mirror, apparently if you tell it where you want to go, it becomes a portal but not a very efficient one because I dropped in a bush.”

I can’t help but feel this overwhelming sensation of relief, I run over to Isabelle and hug her as tightly as I can. I know, she might not have been hurt had she been alone with Tybalt but some part of me was worried sick about her, I couldn’t stop imagining all these horrifying situations Isabelle would have been forced to.

I pull away and see Isabelle smiling, “I’m alright, don’t worry.”

I turn to my back to speak with Rhea but she’s doubling over. I rush to her side and look at her, she’s muffling her sounds but both her hands are holding onto her head as if it were about to come off.

After a minute or two, she’s staring at the grass horrifically, breathing heavily. She turns her face towards me and I see blood dripping from her nose a little, “Rhea, are yo-”

She cuts me off, “I am.” She stands up and wipes the blood away using a handkerchief she’d pulled out of her dress pocket, “I am okay.”, her breathing has not slowed down one bit since she had recovered from whatever it was that she was going through.

She looks back at me, thinking about something. She then turns her attention to Isabelle and as if Isabelle was the answer, Rhea had decided something. Rhea grabs hold of my hand and says, “Isabelle, Mary, follow me. I need to do something.”

She doesn’t explain further about she means by her last sentence but the urgency etched on her face tells me more than it should be telling right now.

We trail behind her and end up back in Rhea’s oracle room. She’s standing at the entrance of the room, looking frantically around for something while Isabelle and I are standing behind her in the hallways.

The hallways are fairly quiet now. I think it’s almost sunrise and maybe it’s quiet because most of the vampires have already gone to bed. Frost, on the other hand, I had not seen since he practically kicked me out a few hours ago.

Isabelle elbows my arm and whispers, “What;s going on?”

I shrug, “Beats me, I’ve been at this for only two days not two months, how would I know?”

Isabelle sighs but she doesn’t say any more. The two of us watch Rhea pick bottle after bottle looking at their labelings, she looks through spell book after spell book for something.

What she’s doing now is freaking me the hell out, what did she see?

She then picks up a bottle with a green liquid and sloppy handwriting on it’s label. Geez, how is she able to read that? I know I’d slam the bottle on the table if I couldn’t read that. I wonder, is that Rhea’s handwriting?

I shrug off the thought when I see Rhea pour a teaspoonful of liquid on her palm. Don’t ask me how I know how much a teaspoonful of liquid looks like. It’s complicated.

Anyway, she pours the liquid onto her palm and approaches a mirror I hadn’t realized was there the dark corners of her room up until now. She slams her palm on the mirror and starts rubbing the liquid all over the mirror, mumbling some incoherent words as she goes along.

The mirror then starts to glow a blinding white and Rhea steps back.

Oh my god. Is it what I think it is? I may not be skilled in the dark arts of magic but even my cluttered mess of a brain can recognize a portal when it see’s one but there’s one question that’s floating in my brain right now, Why?

Why is there a portal? What is Rhea doing?

Once Rhea is done, she turns to face both Isabelle and I, “Get in.”

“Why? What’s going on?” Isabelle asks a little skeptical about the entire situation and Rhea’s reasons for opening a portal.

“The two of you, get in. I do not have the time to tell you. It is a full moon and it is not safe tomorrow.” She tells the two of us.

The look on Rhea’s face was enough to convince me. I look over to Isabelle, “You wanted to go home, didn’t you? Now we have a chance. Let’s just take it and forget all about this.” I tell her.

She’s still hesitant but I grab her hand and run towards the direction of the mirror, surprising myself when I get through it. I don’t know why but I’ve never went through a mirror portal before but going through it sent a ticklish wave.

If that’s even remotely possible.

My eyes snap open and I look around my room, I’m breathing heavily. For a second, I think everything I went through these past few days was actually a dream but something was telling me it wasn’t and it still isn’t over.

I sigh, whatever it was, I’m back home now and I don’t want to think too much of the situation.

-