Chapter 11: Shocking Ressurrections

CHAPTER 11: Shocking Resurrections

Frost’s point of view (from earlier on in the book) 

Something is off. If you were in my position now, watching as your Juliet, who in my case is my Mary, doubles over in pain, you would believe so too. I watch with an plague of concern as my Mary shakes, visibly balling the fabric of my pants leg. Faintly, through the slack material, I feel her fingers brush against the bare skin of my thigh. I intake a sharp preservative breath, but that only fills my nostrils with the scent of Mary. 

Big mistake. Actually, gigantic humongous mistake. 

I try to advert my thoughts from thoughts of sin and my Mary. I do not want to get too excited, though I love my Juliet dearly, I do not want to let my sexual intentions and desires to take control of me especially at a time when she is doubling over in pain. Such is difficult to do, since my vampirism side is so possessive, that consistently is has become a struggle to stop myself from doing that with my Mary. I know she isn’t ready, as much as she has overcome, sex isn’t something she can participate in so early in in our relationship. 

I ponder on the displeasing thought of a hag harlot whose goods wrinkle and sag lower than a bag of rotten oranges to seize the circulation of blood flood to a certain area. That was by far the most peculiar thought I have ever had. Hopefully, I won’t have to ponder on that sort of thing anytime soon.

My thought process has completely changed from when I was married Maria. There was always a part of me that was with Maria because it was what was expected of me. That is why I was so desperate to get her back, because everyday I was without I felt like I was failing my parents. With Maria, it was always strict and no time for true enjoyment. There’s a certain silliness to Mary that makes me act the same way. She brings out the child in me I thought I had long forgotten.

When ruling a kingdom one does not have much time to act selfishly, For the past one thousand years, I have put my kingdom above myself, a king does not have the right to be selfish but when it comes to Mary. I cannot help it, it is like instinct.

At first I had thought I was drawn to Mary because of her likeliness to Maria but the more time I spent with her, the more I realized that I she was drawing me in with her own charm. She was different from Maria and that made her a little bit more interesting.

Maria was never like Mary. I suppose that’s the reason behind reincarnation, to better one’s self and soul. Mary is a bundle of warmth, even when turned. Maria was always cold. She was always plotting and suspicious of even true intentions. She never got the aspect of loyalty and remorse. You could say Maria was cold. Yes, I loved her but if you knew Maria before she was coronated Queen, you would have too, or maybe it was an act all along. She had this aura around her, that spoke of danger and one of a seductress. It was fun to chase after her, to be the winner in the battle for Maria’s, the princess who could make dozen of kingdoms bow at her feet, heart. I never really thought about it too much, because triumph and true feelings towards the brunette beauty had me blinded up to the point where I met Mary. Recent revelations that I’ve heard of Maria, like how she feigned the accusations against Tybalt that ruined my friendship with my closest brother (since I consider Tybalt to be one) for centuries to do just that, have made me think everything she had done; her charm, her life of poverty due to her father’s obsessive gambling; up until now has been an act. For what, what was her goal, or outcome of all these indiscretions, I’m not sure. 

If I were still in love with Maria, I would be hurt by this information. With her dangerous persona, came trouble on Maria’s part. I would have found out about her betrayal and act of treachery against Tybalt sooner or later. Possibly from him, her, who knows. Surprisingly, the feelings of nonchalant I feel towards that possibility makes it appear as though I don’t care anymore. Honestly, no part of me, not even my tiniest toe on my foot cares. In a way, I’m happy. Had Maria not died, Mary would not be here and Mary, it feels like my world would be empty without her. Of course, this does sound a bit too feminine and blunt, but I learned throughout my reign as King and life as a creature of the time to never waste time for comfort. Plus, there’s never a good outcome from feigning good in lies. She puts a smile on my face, whether she realizes it or not. She’s bustling with energy and it’s quite refreshing actually.