✁serious matters ☆

Rantarou was already weirded out by his conversation with Korekiyo and Angie. They couldn't be right, there was no way that there were supernatural beings in this school yet at the same time it seemed plausible. The whole thing left Rantarou with mixed feelings. And what did Korekiyo mean when he said he 'warned Kaito?' Warned him of what? As Rantarou was headed to the dormitory, he saw Shuuichi and Kokichi standing by an empty corner. They seemed to be talking to each other. If Rantarou could be honest, this was the first time he's ever seen them actually interact. Rantarou inched closer to listen to them. He wasn't normally nosy but with what he was told, he felt that this was the only way to prove if they were right.

"Well, well, well. I didn't think that out of all things, one of you would be here." Kokichi said with a smirk. "I don't see the point in mocking me, and w-what are you even doing here?!" Shuuichi countered. "Oh yeah I forgot, you were probably sent here. Pff you're all so loyal to orders that it bothers me. I'm here because I want to be here." Kokichi simply answered. "C-can't you get executed for that?!" Shuuichi scolded in a hushed tone. "Nishishi, Death-sama isn't that unreasonably cruel~ I didn't unnecessarily kill someone nor did I make myself known, did I~? Of course not! If Death-sama found me, the most he would do is strip me of my powers and rip out my vocal cords for interfering with human life." Kokichi explained with a smile. That was nothing to be smiling about really. "T-that's just as bad!" Shuuichi scolded. "But Saihara-chan, I have an excuse~." Kokichi said.

"Eh? But you just said—" "Momota-Chan's family, well more like his paternal side, has a history with a fatal disease actually~ Poor guy lost his father, uncle, and his great-grandmother to it. So hypothetically, if he did end up catching the said disease, I could reap his soul and get off scot-free for effectively doing my job~ nishishi~." Kokichi explained. "But my poor vocal cords still wouldn't be saved." Kokichi then added with a feigned pout. "Besides what are you doing here? Being Amami-Chan's guardian angel? What's the point of it? I can sense that he's in perfectly good health!" Kokichi asked with a mocking tone. "You might as well out yourself and get sent back to the seraphian staff." Kokichi added with a bored tone. This did it for Shuuichi. "Normally that was my task but if you here it seems like I have another!" He blurted out. "And that is~?" "Protecting Momota-kun and everyone else! I'll be making sure that you don't hurt them!" Shuuichi reaffirmed. "Aw, that's so mean, Saihara-Chan. Treating me like I'm some sort of demon, how cruel!" Kokichi began to fake some crocodile tears. "Especially since I'm only planning to do my job." Kokichi continued between fake sobs. "You're not really crying, are you?" Shuuichi asked and Kokichi giggled. "I forgot, you can't fool angels when it comes to emotions~." Kokichi said with a laugh and Shuuichi looked annoyed. "Hey Saihara-chan, I have a question to ask you!" Kokichi said cheerfully. "Fine, ask it." Shuuichi replied.

"Is it true that angels can get in trouble for falling in loooove with humans?" Kokichi asked with a mocking tone. "What was the punishment for that again? Imprisoning and erasing memories of that human? Geez, you angels are too merciful." Kokichi added, pondering to himself about the limited knowledge he knew about heaven's rules.

"Hey! I-I'm not in love with Amami-kun! W-what gives you that idea?!" Shuuichi asked. "Well, it sure seems like he likes you! He's always so captivated by you and always soooo thankful to you! Besides..." Kokichi leaned closer to Shuuichi and whispered. "Didn't you let him sleep on your lap once or something? If I can recall, that's a typical couple cliche." Kokichi said and Shuuichi tensed. "I-I was only doing my job! B-besides you're no better! You aren't even supposed to be on this campus!" Shuuichi snapped, trying to be tough despite being flustered. "A-and he doesn't even know about me!" Shuuichi then added. "He might as well soon because I've seen how careless you've been. You're so stupid that you use your own feathers as bookmarks as if begging to be found out." Kokichi explained.

So that explained the weird feathers.

"H-Hey I can't control it!" Shuuichi said defensively. Kokichi walked closer to Shuuichi, his hand holding the tip of Shuuichi's cap as if he was threatening to lift it. "And I'm assuming this is where you hide your halo~?" Kokichi asked with a smirk. Shuuichi slapped Kokichi's hand away. "Don't touch it!" He scolded. "Oh no~ an angel slapping my hand, how mean~." Kokichi teased. "B-besides, it's normal for him to act that way around me. It's only right for me to help him and everyone else! T-there's no way he feels that way!" Shuuichi scolded in a hushed tone but Kokichi giggled. "Whatever you say. Make sure to cherish those memories~." Kokichi teased and began to walk away.

Rantarou made sure to head to his dorm before Shuuichi could notice him. It was a lot to take in. Especially since he didn't expect the small, mischevious Kokichi to be something like a reaper. He wasn't very surprised by Shuuichi on the other hand, he saw it coming really. However, the thought of Shuuichi losing his memories of him unnerved him, just the thought alone made him rather upset. He heard the door open behind him and he saw Shuuichi enter, his cap even lower than usual. "Hello, Amami-kun..." He said softly, his face looked pale, not like Rantarou could blame him. "How's your day?" Rantarou asked casually and Shuuichi looked down at the floor. "It's fine, I suppose..." He said and walked away into his bedroom. Rantarou couldn't help but feel bad for him. He seemed so panic-stricken, trying to conceal it the best he could. Shuuichi turned to face Rantarou from his doorway.

"I hope your day went well, Amami-kun..." A smile spreading itself to hide the plain white fear.

That same smile that still made Rantarou feel at ease, despite Shuuichi feeling so distressed.