✣Conference ✣

When the professor wrapped up today's class, Rantarou began to stand up from his seat. He was feeling rather tired so he decided to head to his dorm. However, he was stopped when he was about to leave the classroom.

"Yoohoo! Rantarou! Wait up!" A familiar voice called out and Rantarou turned around to see Angie running up to him, a smile on her face. "Me and Korekiyo want to have a discussion with you in the library! Come!" She said cheerfully as she swayed her head to the side. "Alright, I'll be there in a moment." Rantarou reassured and she ran off to where the library is. When Rantarou caught up, he saw a table where Korekiyo and Angie sat. The table was noticeably extremely isolated from the others. Rantarou felt confusion but he went to sit with them.

"Greetings, Amami-kun. We're glad you can make it." Korekiyo said formally and Rantarou nodded. "So what is this about?" He asked and Korekiyo looked him straight in the eye. "It's about Saihara-kun. Angie-san and I noticed something rather peculiar about your roommate." Korekiyo said. "What about Saihara?" Rantarou asked and Angie smiled. "He's rather divine! Nyahaha!" She stated with a delighted smile and tone. What did that mean? "Divine?" Rantarou asked. "Yep Yep! He has a really pure aura, me and Atua can sense it!" She reaffirmed. "Well yeah, he's nice. What's your point?" Rantarou asked, looking at Korekiyo for a better explanation.

"Well, Angie-san and I sensed that he may not be human. However, as you can see from Angie-san's reaction, he's rather harmless." Korekiyo explained. "How do you exactly know that?" Rantarou asked, challenging Korekiyo. "Amami-kun, you should know this better than anyone. So I'm going to ask you some questions." Korekiyo said calmly.
"When he smiles at you, what kind of effect does it give off? I imagine a conciliatory feeling, yes?" Korekiyo asked. Rantarou reluctantly nodded. "Yeah actually. It happens a lot, it's odd as if I'm tranquil when he smiles. Sometimes it amplifies when he laughs, it's really weird." He explained. "Does he have a captivating singing voice?" Korekiyo asked. "Yes..?" Rantarou answered, not understanding the purpose of that question. "I've also heard he's rather selfless, yes?" Korekiyo pressed and Rantarou nodded. "Anything with feathers?" Korekiyo continued. "Yeah, I see them all the time and he keeps telling that it's a collection of some sort. One time when I was struggling with sleeping, he actually placed a feather in my hand." Rantarou replied.

"Now my final question. How does he act around Ouma-kun?"

Korekiyo asked. Rantarou was immediately baffled. Why Kokichi? "I honestly don't really know. I haven't seen them really interact with each other. Why?" Rantarou asked. "Are you sure? How about when they walk by each other?" Korekiyo continued. "Well, I remember one time when I was walking to the dorms with Saihara, Ouma walked by and had this weird grin on his face. When we got back inside, Saihara looked afraid, I never really understood. I'm guessing that there's a deeper meaning to this from the look of it." Rantarou explained after recollecting for a moment. "Yes, there is indeed a deeper meaning to that caution and fear Saihara-kun felt." Korekiyo said seriously as the atmosphere grew quiet. "Ouma-kun may not not human either." He added and Angie's face grew grim. "Unlike Shuuichi, Kokichi has an evil vibe! Really dark and dangerous. He reeks of death and misfortune! Atua doesn't like him!" She spat. "What do you mean?" Rantarou asked, furrowing his eyebrows. "We are yet to pinpoint what he is, hell, we can't even completely confirm Saihara-kun's status though we do have a better idea. The only thing I can observe is that while Ouma-kun is rather harmless in nature, he could be going after Momota-kun's life, or rather his soul." Korekiyo explained. "What do you exactly mean?" Rantarou asked. "We mean that Ouma-kun is dangerous or rather could be. Angie-san may not be a spirit medium but her judgment is worth noting. Besides, Momota-kun did report some... interesting experiences he's had with Ouma-kun." Korekiyo elaborated. Rantarou immediately found himself remembering the conversation with Kaito he once had. "I cannot share it, considering Momota-kun's safety but let's just say that they aren't very normal for an average college student. And with the information you told us, we can confirm that Saihara-kun and Ouma-kun are most likely rival species." Korekiyo added. Rantarou was now intrigued by this information.

"So what will exactly happen to me or Momota?" Rantarou asked. "Don't worry Rantarou! We managed to warn Kaito though I don't think we need to warn you of anything!" Angie said cheerfully. "Yes, we gave Momota-kun a warning regarding Ouma-kun. Do not worry about him, I doubt Ouma-kun would actually do something such as take his soul, considering his nature. Though there is a possibility that it could be false." Korekiyo added. "Now, Amami-kun I want to ask one more question." Korekiyo said and Rantarou allowed him to ask his final question.

"Isn't this so interesting?! Kukuku, I've expected peculiar things to happen but I never thought I'd ever get the experience of witnessing something supernatural, let alone witnessing it within my classmates!" He suddenly grew excited. "Well, it seems more surreal to me rather than exciting." Rantarou answered honestly. "Nyahaha! Exactly! Surrealism is very exciting!" Angie cheered, agreeing with Korekiyo. They sure were eccentric. "Now Rantarou, make sure you be a really good boy to Shuuichi, he may give you his blessing!" Angie said with a smile, looking at Rantarou. Soon, she began to get up. "I have art class soon! Byeonara!" She said as she began to head to the library exit. "I should start going too. I hope you and Momota-kun take care." Korekiyo stood up. "I have one more thing though." He said solemnly, stopping in his tracks for a brief moment. He turned to rantarou.

"Do not tell anyone about this conversation. Not even Momota-kun." Korekiyo said, Rantarou nodded. "Got it!" He replied as the both of them began to leave. Rantarou went back to heading to his dorm, wanting to forget this whole ordeal. It was rather absurd.