1.

Xavier's pov:

"Emma! Come on we need to go home it's late and will rain soon!"

I screamed over the playground where my little sister Emma was playing with her best friend. Yes she's still a kid don't judge her for playing there! His mother already tried to get him away and go home but he refused. I don't like him around my little sister...

She's obviously too young to hang out with boys.
"Take a chill pill Xav. I'm already coming. Only said bye to Tobias."

She rolls her eyes while I snort and look at her with threatening eyes.

Where did she got that from again? I swear I'll kill this boy. If he will become Emma's mate I'm going to puke. "Yeah yeah whatever let's go home." I grumble while pulling her with me as far away from Tobias as possible.

When we reach the alpha mansion a few wolves are waiting for me with Sam behind them so I can talk to them.

Always alpha duties.

I guess it's a family and someone of them found their mate...

Sighing I mind linked Sam. 'What do they want again Sam?'

He immediately mindlinks me back and his answer makes me frown. 'They want to know if the girl is allowed to change the pack. She found her mate Xav.'

Why is everyone so lucky?!

"Come with me into my office we'll get the papers." I say using my Alpha voice making them flinch a little.

I only know this family from pack meetings but never talked to them. Well if your pack has 7.253 pack members it's quite difficult to keep contact to everyone. As we reach the office I pull the door open and let them in.

Soon we've gone through all the papers and the girl which I know her name is Abby is allowed to move to the Fire-Moon-pack.

As they leave I lean back exhausted. Why did the moon goddess have been such a b****.

The only thing I wanna have is a mate to love, protect and take care of.

I'm an alpha for god's sake!!!

But I guess I'll just die lonely and early like every mateless wolf does. So bye life...in ten years I'm six feet under the earth. Fuck. Why does my life have to be so screwed up?!

"What's wrong Xav?" Emma's beautiful voice calls out.

"Nothing sweetheart. Your big brother is just tired that's all. You should also go to sleep." I stroke her cheek and smile. At least I have her in my life. Well her and Sam.

*~••~*

It is one in the morning and my wolf refuses to sleep. What's off with him today?!

Groaning I get up and step into the kitchen to get something to drink. Making myself a strawberry tea I yawn.

It's obviously too late.

While making my way upstairs again someone tries to mindlink me. I curse under my breath and allow them to speak. It's Cody my third in command.

'A rogue has crossed our territory Alpha Xavier.' Alarmed I tense and run out off the house letting the tea cup fall.

I'll clean that up later.

'Where?' I ask Cody and shift.

'On the south west.'

'Boy or girl?'

'Girl.'

'I'll be there in 35 minutes.'

Gladly wolves can run really fast. Otherwise I would've spent 4 hours to walk to the end of the territory.

After a while I'm nearly there as a scent off strawberries and vanilla hits me.

Oh.

My.

Moon Goddess!

'Mate MATE MATE!!!'

My wolf Parker purrs and I run even faster.

My mate is here!!!

Keva's pov:

Panting I wake up. My mum got killed, my dad got killed over and over again. Oh how I hate these nightmares!

Yawning I stand up looking down at my paws. They are still too small for a werewolf. I guess I'm only 4'3 feet high in wolf form while other wolves begin at 5'8.

Too small!

Also I have a pretty big thorn in my left paw which I can't get out.

I haven't eaten in days but I'm not sure if I can hunt in this condition.

'You need to!' My wolf Diana yells causing a little headache.

'Okay I try.'

*~••~*

Finally a squirrel! I almost drool over the sight of this little animal. It's almost nothing to eat but at least it is something somehow.

Ready to attack I swing my tail back and forth. The sun is about to settle down and I really need to eat.

Strolling around all day made me even hungrier.

I jump forward but that damn squirrel runs off. Of course I run after it.

It feels like a half hour until I finally catch that devil of an animal but in reality it's almost midnight.

I have always been a bad hunter but at least I could catch the food this time.

Gnawing every little peace of meat off the body I don't gear some twigs break.

Suddenly two growling wolves stand in front of me snapping with their teeth.

They are at least 6'4 feet high!!

Whimpering instantly I cower back my tail between my legs and ears flat on my head while bowing my head wanting to mean no harm.

That's not good. What do they want from me?

They lay their heads to the side watching me confused and move forward.

Whimpering even more I back up as far as I can. I haven't talked to anyone since eleven years.

Sure I've crossed two or three rogue wolves but we just ignored each other.

I flinch as my back bumps against a tree. Now I don't have anything to save me anymore!

Just as I am about to get killed a big black wolf jumps in front of me causing me to flinch even more.

He's at least 6'9 feet high!!!

Growling at the two other wolves he moves closer to me walking sideways while glaring at the others.

He looks like the Alpha of the pack.

Shit.

Panicking I look at him and whimper again.

His head turns and he barks happily towards me while hopping up and down playfully.

Why is he so happy?

I'm just so confused and scared!

Then I do the only thing I can think off: I turn around and run away.