MYSTERY man repositioned his body, facing areum, from across the room. the faint outline of his face and body were now perceptible.

'i'm not serving you, doll, this isn't a place for you, didn't i make that clear?', the skimpily dressed lady came back.

'i-uh-'

'she's with me, edie.'

areum got herself in a swivet. through the corner of her eyes, she spotted the smoke of the burning cigarette.

the man perched himself beside her.
mustering all the courage she had, areum turned to him.

her eyes threatened to pop out of their sockets.

the man, facing forward, puffing out smoke, wore a tight white shirt, his trousers and tie matched in the colour of french gray.

broad shoulders, small waist, muscular thighs, visible biceps, groomed hair- areum had acquired her target.

but even that little confidence she mustered blew away once he opened his mouth.

'do you ever just look at somebody and wonder how they moan during sex?'

areum's jaw dropped and then broke out into a smile.

'like when a new singer releases an album and you just have to listen to it.', she retorted.

'considering sex is music?', he asked.

areum focused on the array of glasses in front of her.

'considering sex is art.'

'sex is art. picasso himself stated so.'

the gorgeous man tapped the ashes of his cigarette over a company-sponsored ashtray.

'picasso probably had really good sex.', areum mumbled, fidgeting with her fingers.

the man's eyes followed her delicately manicured cuticles, up her visibly soft arms, to her freckled décolleté and up to her supple lips.

'no.', he said, distractedly.

'no?', she turned to look at him, her voice augmenting in octaves.

'picasso seemed like a boring man,', he gazed into her eyes now, 'and you know what they say- who we are in bed is who we are in life.'

areum was in awe.

he signalled for 'edie', ordering them some cherry rum.

'who are you in life?', she boldly asked after taking tiny sips of her drink.

it was bitter, sweet and sour at the same time, zipping her in and out of reality. it was her first time drinking and she knew she should take it slow.

'who are you in life?'

the man was caught off guard.
such a simple question, but twisted and twirled around a sexual innuendo in this context.

'we'll have to find out.', he smirked.

'hmm, so, what's your name, mystery man?', areum inquired.

'jeongguk.', he downed his drink, 'and yours?'

jeongguk.

she won't stop thinking of that name tonight.

'i'm areum.'

jeongguk halted all movement. like he'd turned into a statue for a few seconds.

'areum?', he eyes widened, 'uh, i have to go-', he got off his stool, putting his cigarette out.

'oh,', areum's heart sunk, 't-thank you for the drink.'

'no problem.', he threw a bill on the counter without looking at her.

shrugging his jacket on, he was out in no time.

but before he left, he turned around, examining her briefly.

holy fuck, areum.
he thought.

au.n.
hello 💋💋
hopefully, this book will be short and sweet. i'm trying out some new styles, so let's see !