Chapter 4

The alarm buzzed and Ace rolled in bed. She decided not to go to school today she was beyond exhausted. She walked to the bathroom and freshened up. After breakfast. She walked towards the room next to the kitchen. As she opened it, she saw her only love, she went towards it and sat carefully. Her only love was the reason why her life was turned upside down. She didn't regret it but only wished her family would've accepted her dream.

*******************************************

Ace walked into the kitchen after almost lazing around the whole day. It was 8pm. She was really hungry and decided to have dinner but kitchen was empty, Ace said "Ugh!! Now I've got to go to the grocery." She slammed her feet on the ground. She was so lazy right now, that a walk from her room to the kitchen was irritating her. But she didn't have an option. She dressed up and headed towards the grocery store.

***********************************************

"Apple juice too Yoonki?" Yoongi nodded at the
man and said "Its yoongi." The man at the grocery store smiled and gave him the apple juice. Yoongi wondered who kept this dumbhead on a job here at the local grocery store. As he was about to leave he spotted Ace. She was holding two packets of ramen in her hand. Yoongi stood and watched her every move. She was so delicate he thought.

It was almost 10 pm. He sighed and thought to himself. ' When will this girl learn it's dangerous out in the night. What does she think she is a ninja warrior?' He decided to follow her until she reaches home.

Ace walked outside the grocery store into the quiet lane. It was late and she needed to get home fast. The rumours of the most dangerous neighborhood rang in her ears. She walked faster. She was actually getting scared now. She heard a twitch behind her and that's it, she began running like a mad hatter.
She ran as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Suddenly two pairs of arms caught her sides, she closed her eyes afraid to even look at the person she banged into. She started yelling "Please let me go! I need to live! I'll give you the little money I have left. I want to do something in my life! I don't want to die now."

The person holding her spoke up "It's alright I'm not in the mood to kill you right now." She opened her eyes and saw Yoongi. She sighed and said "Thank god it's you." Yoongi said "yeah thank god it's me.. how many times do I have to tell you don't walk the streets alone at night. Huh what are you doing out late at night?" Ace lifted her grocery bag and said "I was buying food so I didn't die starving, I don't need you, you just came by for no reason. I'm a brave girl." Yoongi yelled with fear causing Ace to jump in his arms. As she cuddled up on his chest, Yoongi didn't touch her.

He said "I thought your brave." Ace angrily huffed and let go of him and said "Your so mean!" Yoongi smiled at her and said "Glad to hear that, now come on I'll walk you home." Ace had no other option rather than walking with him.

As they walked with similar pace but distance in between them Ace couldn't help but think why was Yoongi being so worried about her, she barely meant anything to him.

Yoongi said "We have finally arrived. Now go home and don't wander alone." Ace nodded and bowed by saying "Thank you for... protecting me." She didn't look back at his face to know his reaction but quickly walked inside her house.

Yoongi stood there confused. Questioning himself; why was he beginning to feel so caring and protective towards her?