•Chapter 5•

(Edited)

(Isabell's point of view)

"Hey Momma." I smiled as I got home to my mom, she wasn't normally home this early. Her and dad were sitting at the table, their faces solemn. "Is something wrong?"

"Don't you have something to tell us Isabell?" My mother asked and I was immediately confused, but before I could respond my pets swarmed me with kisses. I pet them smiling once more happy for a distraction, I didn't know what my parents were talking about.

"We got a call today, they said that you refused to get a broken hand properly treated and that furthermore you were going to risk breaking it further to play in that recital of yours." My dad spoke when he noticed that I wasn't going to tell them, my eyes widened in surprised wondering who had-

"Ootori." I growled out, it had been too easy to get my way. I guess he had enough of my stubbornness and took matters into his own hands.

"Bells," I always hated when my mom called me by that nickname, she was the only one who called me that and normally it meant she was disappointed in me. "You can't risk your health for one recital, not for something as little as that."

I felt a surge of anger in my body, why didn't anyone understand that music was so important to me. I get that to most people it's just a hobby, but its what brought me back to the world after the accident. It was the only thing that brought me joy for the longest time.

"I'll be kicked out of school if I don't play mom, you know that its a rule of my scholarship." I responded instead of voicing the importance of music to me, that wasn't important right now.

"We've already talked to Souh-San, he's agreed to see if you could perform after your hand is healed. But if he can't then you'll simply have to wait for the next recital, besides you still have plenty of choir recitals coming up." My father replied and I knew that no matter how much I fought on the matter it was already settled.

"Ok." I responded miserably.

"Bells, I know that music is important to you. But you have to remember that we just want you to be safe and to be able to do what you love for the rest of your life."

"I know momma." She rose from her seat and brought me into her arms, I breathed in deeply smiling as I hugged her back. My momma was an incredible woman and I know that the accident was hard for my parents to. But its different when it actually happens to you, the fear can so easily cripple you for a long time.

"Tomorrow we will get a proper cast for your hand ok?" I nodded still not breaking our hug, I didn't like it when they were disappointed in me. But I did know one thing, that slap didn't deter Ootori Kyoya... He was gonna keep bothering me no matter what I say.

The rest of the night was filled with happiness, we all fell back into place just like a normal family. Even though not so long ago we weren't even close to being a normal family. I still can remember the days that we were rich beyond compare like Ootori and Souh, I cost my family so much. Yet, I feel like it was for the better, the rich life didn't really suit us.

The next day went by fairly quickly, I avoided all of the club members like the plague which is hard to do when you have classes with some of them. It was a bit easier though since I had to go get my cast first, so I missed two of my classes. Also most of my teachers knew that singing was the most important thing on my schedule, so I was able to go to the chorus room to practice during every period. I was earning incredibly high marks in all of my classes, including the few third year classes I was in. I had to get there early to avoid Ootori and Tamaki.

Finally the time came where I could no longer ignore the club, I made my way to Music room 3. They were still setting up for the host club,  everyone turned towards me as I entered. Haruhi was the first to make her way over to me, I took a glance at Ootori to find him smirking. The annoying man.