Chapter 10- Karaoke Night

Wow! Into double digits- Yay Chapter 10!

I really love this chapter, have be dying to write it ever since I got the idea. Actually the last chapter and this one were supposed to be just one chapter, but that turned out to be too big. I spent the whole night carefully writing this one out and I'm really happy with the result.

P.S
I just realized the short form for this story is SILY. (Sounds like SILLY)
Pretty ironic right? 

Enjoy!

------------------ -,- --------------------------------------

                                                         Chapter 10- Karaoke Night

                                                                         Clea

“AHHHHHHHHHHH!” Diana screamed when I entered the cabin.

“Oh hey Clea. We were waiting for you.” Stacey called out from underneath the bunk bed.

“DON'T YOU DARE COME NEAR MY BED CLEA!” Diana shouted at me.

Why? Oh... The mud on my clothes. I had forgotten all about it .

“Cool! OMG Clea was there a mud fight??? Why didn't you call me!?” Kate asked me excitedly.

“Clea you might want to wash up before we....” Stacy started.

“GET OUT! GET OUT!” Diana screamed at me.

“I've heard of a 'roll in the hay' but what the heck were you doing?” Aria asked me with her hands on her hips.

Sally brought me a towel to wipe away some of the mud. I smiled and took it from her.

“I think I'm going to have a heart attack.” Diana said dramatically and placed a hand on her forehead like she was going to faint.

“Wow! This one likes to get dirty!” Jessica entered and told me wickedly,”You know, guys aren't going to come after you with you looking like that.”

Your ex didn't seem to mind, I wanted to shout back at her.

“As I was saying, Clea, tonight....” Stacey started to speak again.

“MUD FIGHT!” Kate screamed and ran out of the cabin.

It wasn't all fun and games staying in a cabin filled with such contrasting personalities. Especially with my cabin mates who very well could be “The coming together of THE AVENGERS”. Hmmmm... I wonder who would be who. Stacey was Captain America that's for sure. What about me? Maybe I should ask Aria. And seeing the way Diana was looking at me now I could totally think of her going, “HULK SMASH” on me.

“EVERYBODY JUST SHUT UP!” Stacey shouted. Everyone fell silent. Like I said, totally Captain America.

“So what's happening tonight Stace?” I asked her.

She smile, relieved that we had her attention, “Tonight is D-NIGHT! Well actually K-Night. Hmmm... Well anyway. It's KARAOKE NIGHT!”

Absolute silence.

Suddenly there were cheers from Jessica, Aria and Kate (who mysteriously appeared covered in mud). Sally and I sunk into the shadows. It's not that I didn't like singing. It's just that I need a bathroom and running water to do it.

“Every week, campers aged sixteen and up, along with the counselors, have Karaoke Night at the Green Forest Lodge. It will be fun! There will be drinks and pizza all around, plus you might just be the next BREAKAWAY IDOL! Now everyone has to sing and we will be the Best Cabin, alright guys!” Stacey whooped. She must be a patient of Winners Syndrome! (Not that there is anything like that.) “Oh and Clea, You might want to wash up before we leave okay.”

“Ya sure.” I mumbled and went to pick up my things. Kate and I had decided to go to the bath house together and as we were leaving , I turned to look at our cabin and saw Diana spray the places we had just left.

                                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                                   Nathaniel

“So I'll meet you guys at the Lodge in an hour's time. Clean up and don't be late. All counselors are requested to check that their wards are there.” Adrian told us and headed out of our cabin. I had a mind to arrive late just to piss him off but thought better of it when I considered the idea that he might just strike up a conversation with Clea.

 So here we all were. Jack was stuffing his face with a bag of potato chips, Dell was doing a couple of last minute push-ups while Alex was down on his knees looking for his shoes, his drum sticks hanging out of his back side pocket. I quickly went behind him and gave his fat arse a kick any footballer would be proud of. Alex fell flat, his face in a pile of smelly socks. That serves him right for kicking me a few nights back.

“Vuff fi u fu thaf fof!” Alex said, his voice muffled by the socks. Translation: What did you do that for!

“Payback smelly nose! Aria wouldn't wanna kiss that face tonight.” I winked at him while he glared.

“Oh ya! Well you're.... You're mean!” Alex pouted. If I hadn't seen his web history and if Aria wasn't his girlfriend,  I would have thought my best friend wasn't in the 'straight' direction. If you get what I mean. Wink wink. But Alex was an amazing friend. I could always count on him when he wasn't in the land of rainbows, hearts and cotton candy with Aria. Oh well, never call a lover a fool.

I lay back on my bed, dodging the socks Alex was throwing at me and laughing. I thought back to the last couple of days. I wasn't lying when I told Clea I was messed up with the whole Jessica coming into the picture. Even though we had gotten over each other, she still brought bitter-sweet memories that I would loved to have erased. Our relationship was secret, which made it even more exciting. The irony was, when we started to tell people about it, we broke up. She was my first love and I can never forget that, how much ever I tried to think otherwise. I will always have feelings for her, no matter how far we separate, because once you love someone, you leave a part of yourself with them. You might get a new part from someone else that loves you, but the parts you gave away you never get back.

When Jessica and I split, I never thought I'll like anyone as much. It hurt that we didn't talk to each other and we couldn't be friends. From being two people who thought they were madly in love to being complete strangers. It was like she changed so drastically. Girls always think that guys have no feelings, that we are just 'players', sometimes we hurt more than they do. But being a 'man' means showing no feelings of hurt and pain. Girls get it off too easily.

“Get up man, you're lying on my bed and messing up my mojo.” Dell pushed me off the bed and broke me off my depressing thoughts.

“Hey!” I yelled at him.   

“Dude, get out of those crappy clothes and let's go. Don't wanna keep Adrian waiting, he might just put us on dinner duty.” Alex told me.

I looked down at my blue boxers and white, stained undershirt. I shrugged and took off my undershirt and threw it at Alex's head.

“You know, you should start working out.” Dell told me, pointing at my stomach. “You have a Peter Griffin thing going on.”

“Tell that to Jacky boy.” I said pointing at Jack.

“Ya that's right! Pick on the fat guy!!” Jack shouted at us, swallowing a whole snicker bar.

“Oh Jack, don't feel bad.” Alex told him, “You're our rock. You know that, right.”

“More like boulder.” Dell said and the both of us sniggered.

“Again with the fat jokes!” Jack yelled and got up, A zillion wrappers and packets flew off the bed.

“Hey, I got one.” Dell laughed and told me, “Jack is so fat, that you need to add the so AFTER the fat ! Get it ? FATSO !!” We burst out laughing and I actually rolled on the floor in laughter.

“Me too!” I told him, “Jack went to the Grand Canyon with his family and fell and got STUCK! It took four cranes to finally get him out.”

“One more , one more.” Dell yelled, tears in his eyes. “ In the mornings, Jack's mom doesn't take a jog around the block, instead she runs around Jack!”
“Hahahahaha!” All of us were laughing so hard, other campers were peeking in our cabin.

“I HATE YOU GUYS!” Jack scowled and walked off.

“Hey, hey, sorry Jack.” I yelled apologies.

“Please don't eat us Jack!” Dell shouted.

I heard a growl from outside and turned to Dell holding back a laugh. “Better not make fun of him for a while. We won't be getting any meals otherwise.”

Dell laughed and walked out of the door and I followed him , patting his back. People were giving us weird stares and some girls were giggling. I was confused and just grinned at them. Alex cleared his throat from behind. I turned and gave him a “What?” look. He pointed at my attire. Oh shit. No wonder I was feeling a chill- I was only wearing my boxers! I ran back to the cabin to wear some clothes.