Chapter 21- Reading Between The Lines

Wanted to write this chapter ever since I started writing about camp.

Love it<3

Enjoy!!!

_________________________ -.- __________________

                    Chapter 21- Reading Between The Lines

                                                              Nathaniel

“WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU MAN!” Alex yelled at me after I told him everything.

I groaned and knocked my head against a tree repeatedly.

“Wait... We can fix this,” Alex told me excitedly.

“Ya right, how?” I asked him disbelievingly.

“Just confess to her! Ask her out!” Alex said his face lighting up like he struck gold.

“Ya and what do I say, “Hey Clea I know you hate me, but I really, really like you. Want to get together?” Ya, like that'll work!” I told him sarcastically.

“Exactly like that! Well, we'll need to improvise on a few things.”

When I still continued to look at him disbelievingly, Alex said, “Look man, all Clea wants is for you to tell her that you love her. And once you do so, it’s bye, bye Adrian and Hello Nathaniel!”

“Hey, you're right!” This earned a 'like always' look from Alex, “All I need to do is tell her I love her! That's it!”

“Okay, so how do I do it? Okay um... Hey there Clea, I have always liked you girl.. Be mine?” I gave a John Travolta impression. When that didn't work with Alex, I tried a different one, “Wassup Clea, say, want to get together and make the world jealous?”

Alex and I were nodding our heads like bobble heads and with stupid grins on our faces and then Alex stopped and gave me a disgusted look, “Um NO! Try something else! Even a simple “Hey I like you” would be fine right now.”

I frowned and then grinned at him, “Chicks digs all that mushy stuff, right?” Alex waited for me to go on, “Well then, how about I say something like- I want the stars, but I can't reach them.. I want to climb the highest mountain... But I can't.. I want you.. Will you be mine?”

Alex looked at me in complete disbelief with his mouth open,

I smiled at him sheepishly.

Alex cleared his throat and said, “Really cheesy.” Then he whispered under his breath “Why didn't I think of that when I asked Aria out!” and then he continued, “But it will do!”

“You really think so?” I asked him anxiously.

“Ya, just wear some tights and a powdered wig before you say that,” Dell chuckled and joined us.

“Don't listen to him Nathaniel,” Jack said, following Dell,” If Dell had his way, he would throw Kate over his shoulder and take her away caveman style.”

“Hey, that's actually a good idea!” Dell said, regarding it thoughtfully.

Alex, Jack and I looked at each other and winced.

“But are you seriously going to do the whole rhyme scheme, Shakespeare thing for asking her out? Might as well challenge your rival like Romeo and Paris,” Dell said nonchalantly while we all gawked at him in disbelief. “What?” Dell said with a shrug of his shoulders, “I read.”

I ignored him and asked Alex, “How did you confess?”

“Via text message,” Alex replied.

“Dude, even I know that's really lame,” Dell told him.