Chapter 25- Say I Love You

                                    - Six Years Later -

“Here's a rose for every time I loved you,” the boy said handing his lover a long stemmed rose, “I loved you once and never stopped.”

The young girl by his side blushed as she inhaled the powerful scent of the delicate rose while the young man looked at her lovingly, thanking his stars for getting a girl like her.

“I love you too,” the girl whispered, and the boy's heart soared.

Intertwining their fingers together, they walked in the mall, oblivious to the crowd around them, their senses only for each other. Free and easy chatter and laughter flowed from their lips as they enjoyed each other's company.

“Oh! Look at that honey! Isn't that beautiful!” the girl gasped, leaning her forehead against the clear glass wall of a shop. The boy chuckled to himself, knowing well enough that his arms, already loaded with shopping bags, were going to get heavier. And sure enough, the girl ran into the shop leaving the boy by himself outside.

The boy looked around him amusedly and watched different groups of people walk by him. Suddenly he felt a nagging sensation in his mind and he looked around, trying to find the source of his uneasiness.

He finally found it in a young girl who sat at a coffee table waiting for someone. The boy gasped in shock as realization hit him. He knew that face. Those large brown eyes and long black hair. How could he forget it, even though it had to be years since he saw it.

For there was the girl who he once fancied himself in love with, a girl who entered his thoughts at uncertain occasions, when something- an object or a place or even a certain trait of a person- brought back memories. Memories of a summer, and of school, memories of love, laughter and fun.

The young girl sat impatiently, waiting for her special someone to come. She sighed heavily and planned out what she would say to him when he finally came. The girl smiled as she thought of her lover's face and laughed when she imagined his attitude when he finally reached.

“Ma'am. would you like anything?” a voice broke her from her thoughts and she looked up at the smiling face of a waitress.

“No thank you, I'm waiting for someone,” she replied politely.

The waitress answered with a slight nod, and as soon as she walked away, the girl wished that she had asked for a glass of water.

To pass the time until the boy's arrival, the girl looked around at the people in the mall. She felt a slight tickling sensation at the back of her head, like someone was watching her, and her eyes sought out for the source.

They found them soon enough.

 The girl blinked in surprise and gripped the table end harshly. Memories came back to her like the words of the pages of a well read book. Of all the times she had imagined how she might meet him again, this seemed the most unlikely. Many times she had wondered what he might be doing, where he was, and other common questions. Some were answered by mutual friends, others by social networking sites.

The two of them hadn't kept contact after leaving school, apart from the occasional birthday or festive wishes.

The two pairs of eyes locked on each other and did not look away. There wasn't any feeling in the connection, apart from surprise and a little happiness at seeing each other after a long time. There wasn't any of the awkwardness that both of them had anticipated would come when they finally did meet.

Both of them politely smiled and studied each other, noting the differences that came with time and age.

“Hey sweetheart!” a voice greeted her and the girl spun back to look at her love with delight.

“You're late!” the girl complained, momentarily forgetting about another who still watched her.

“Did you miss me?” the young man grinned and sat down opposite her.

“Don't I always,” she said lovingly, and watched him blush.

While he chattered on, giving her excuses for his being late, the girl turned around, looking for the boy from her past. He wasn't standing there anymore, but had moved on. Finally she spotted him heading out of the exit with his arm slung over a young woman's shoulders.

The girl smiled and settled back to watch her lover speak. And while she sat there, finally at peace, she smiled when a thought passed her mind.

Though not to each other, both of them had finally found someone to whom they could say I love you..... 

_____________ ^.^ _____________     

THANK YOU EVERYONE THAT READ IT TILL THE END!

Omg I wrote a whole book!!! Awesome!!!!

I hope you loved the last chapter as much as I do. (And I love it a hell lot!!!)

Please comment with your thoughts and vote for this story!!

I hope you'll all continue with the other stories I'll be starting after november and I promise you that they won't fail to please you. :D

Thank you again so much!!!!

Last but not the least, please tell me if you see this story in any other site or even another Wattpad profile! I don't own any other profile and this story is under All Rights Reserved!!

And now I leave you with a very satisfied grin :D