Chapter 16- Love On The Side Lines

So this chapter is a lot different. This is a one-time only so enjoy yourself (and don't ask for more! :P)

I had to put a lot of thought into this chapter and it was exceptionally hard to write. But I think you'll find it pleasantly surprising. J

All other messages for after the story!

Enjoy!! :D        

-------------------------- -,- --------------------------------

           Chapter 16- Love On The Side Lines

                                 Aria

The cool wind swept my hair behind me. Suddenly I was enveloped in warmth, my heartbeat increased and I sucked in a sudden breath of air.

“Hey beautiful,” Alex whispered into my hair, his smile resting on my dark brown locks while his arms were locked around my frame.

“Hey,” I whispered back with a furious blush.

Alex chuckled and let me go. I frowned and turned to him with my hands on my hips. I was going to scold him for letting me go so soon when I saw his smile. Slightly dazzled by it, I forgot to breathe. Alex's grin grew wilder and he flicked his finger on my forehead in a teasing manner.

“Ouch!” I rubbed my forehead and glared at him. “What was that for!”

Alex gently removed my hand and bent and kissed my forehead.

“Just a reason to kiss you,” he grinned.

I blushed and walked away from him, smiling when I had my back to him.

“Oh no, you don’t,” Alex said and caught hold of me. 

“Let me go,” I told him, a little reluctantly.

“Are you sure about that?” he smiled and played with my hair, “What’s the matter? Feeling shy?”

“Alex! People are starting to stare,” I whispered loudly at him, looking around anxiously.

There was a quick movement and suddenly I was in Alex’s arms, bridal style. He jogged into the woods, until I couldn’t see anyone any more.

“Happy now?” he asked me, letting me down. My hands were still holding on to his shirt and I nodded my head, unable to meet his eyes.

“Hey..” Alex whispered and pulled my chin up. I met his eyes and smiled. Feeling incredibly shy and happy, I gave him a light slap on the cheek.

“Don’t you have band practice?” I asked him.

He shrugged his shoulders and gave me a small smile, “Skipped it.”

“Hey, you’ll have Stacey on our asses if you don’t win! So don’t miss anymore band practice!”  I scolded him like a mother hen. Man, Stacey’s attitude was getting to me.

“Aria… You’re the music of my life. So anything I play is for you. What’s the use if you’re not there to hear it?” he asked me, his head tilted to the side.

Feeling embarrassed and pleased at the same time, I was at a complete loss for words.

“I really like your blush,” Alex said and I looked up at him. 

I smiled.

“I like yours too,” I said, watching his cheeks turn red.

Alex awkwardly pulled at his collar and said, “Guys don’t blush.”