n i n e

Worth the Wait: 9 | Innocence
| Laura Marano |

"Thanks again for the help." Rocky says, giving me a two finger salute. After the softball game that the white butt rockers ended up winning 12-7, Rocky drove us back to their place where him and Ross immediately showed me the set up and the new changes for the song. Now, it's nearly three o'clock and around twenty minutes ago, Ross actually left to go take a shower, meaning Rocky has been showing me a few other songs they've been working on for advice.

"No problem." I reply, taking the few steps up to the house from the garage studio. "Oh wait, which door is Ross' room?" I ask. "Last time I was here was a year ago and I don't even remember ever coming inside." I add, scrunching up my nose. Rocky chuckles a little and adjusts his headphones on his head.

"He's the first door down the only hallway. Shouldn't miss it, it literally has a giant cut out of some plane on his door." I couldn't help but laugh at that. "I'm not kidding about the airplane thing." He says, his face completely serious.

"No no, definitely believe you. Just a little weird that a twenty-five year old has an airplane on his bedroom door." I reply, shrugging my shoulders. "Have fun." I add with a smile. He gives me a smile back before I finally walk up the steps. Like Rocky said, Ross' door did have a plane on it that was white with two red strips on it. I smile the slightest at his obsession with airplanes and knock on his door. "Ross?" I say, opening his door a crack. I take my right hand and cover my eyes, using my left hand to push the door open enough so I could peak my head through. "Ross?!" I call out.

"You can open your eyes I have underwear on." He tells me. I spread my fingers a bit to peak through, seeing Ross standing in a doorway on the opposite side of the room with only his underwear on and a towel in the other that looks like he used to dry his hair a bit.

"Wait, do you guys all have your own bathroom?" I ask, walking over to him. His bathroom was giant, a double sink with a giant jacuzzi looking tub, a decent sized shower and all. Boy, I would kill to take a nice bath in that.

"No." He replies, now brushing through his hair. "This is the master bedroom." I furrow my eyebrows at him. "I still make the most money and pay for a majority of the bills, so the last house and this house Rocky and Ryland let me have the master room."

"Oh." I reply, walking back out of his bathroom. His bed looked like a queen, just like the one I have at home. Except he had dark grey sheets, almost black, and an all black dresser, two black nightstands, and a giant black tv mounted on the wall. He had another door right beside the bathroom which I'm assuming is his closet. He didn't have anything on his walls besides a very old poster of R5 and a newer looking poster of him and Rocky as The Driver Era. "Your rooms nice." I say, walking over to his bed. Just like the rest of the furniture, his bed frame was black. "Kind of dull, but I guess the airplane on your door makes up for it." I tease, taking a seat at the foot of his bed.

"Yeah yeah, tease all you want. But that's my fav-" I hold up a hand.

"Ross... I really don't care and even if I did, I won't know what you're talking about." I honestly tell him. He rolls his eyes at me before walking over to his closet. He disappears for a few seconds before coming back out with a fresh pair of light grey sweatpants on and of course, no shirt. "Do you ever wear a shirt?" I ask, keeping my eye on him as he walks over to me.

"Only when I really feel like it." He says, right before falling onto his back beside me. Despite his sheets being everywhere and one of his four pillows on the ground, his room was neat. I was surprised considering I had pictured him to still be a slob like he was when we were teenagers. I lean back as well, the top of my head up against I think his upper arm. "Did you have fun today?" He asks me. I roll my eyes at him.