t w e n t y

Worth the Wait: 20 | You Make Me Happy
| Laura Marano |

| Almost Two Weeks Later (May 14th, 2021) |

"You three are killing me!" I shout, jumping up in the air again for my, what it feels like, millionth burpee.

"Thirty more seconds!" Rocky calls out as he sprints down to his fence again. I groan as I do a push-up before jumping back up and reaching for the sky. The boys decided that a cardio workout was in store for us. eight stations: burpees, sprints, kettlebell swings, jump rope, battle ropes (wrapped around one of the thick tree trunks), jumping jacks, jump squats, and agility ladder, each for a minute and rotate through it two times with a thirty second break in between each one. I guess this is what I get for making them do yoga with me yesterday here. "Ten seconds!" He shouts. Beside me, Ross was doing jump squats with a pained look on his face. I got one more burpee when as Rocky counted down from five, and the second he said zero, I collapse face first into the grass.

"You're the one who's been working out consistently for a month, Laura. How are you the one dead after this?" Ryland asks, panting a little.

"I haven't gone this intense yet." I admit, lifting my head up long enough to get that out.

"Get up." He says, holding a hand out for me. "If you don't get up soon you're going to be itchy from the grass." With a slight groan, I roll over and grab onto his hand, letting him help me up to my feet. As soon as I'm steady, Ross holds up his hand and offers a high five. With an eye roll, I high five him. "Good job, that kicked my ass." He tells me, holding onto my hand.

"You barley look winded." I mutter.

"Shut up and get inside." He jokingly says, pushing on my shoulder. "Go and shower first, too." I give him a thumbs up and head into the house.

"Shower quickly!" Ryland adds. I hold my thumb up higher in the air for him to see. For Ryland's sake, I did in fact shower pretty quickly. Luckily, I wasn't planning on doing anything special for the rest of the day so I didn't need to blow dry my hair or put in my contacts or anything. Once I was changed into a pair of leggings and a t-shirt, I exit Ross' bathroom and see the man himself sitting on the edge of his bed, typing away on his phone.

"Whatcha doing?" I ask as I walk over to him. Before I could sit down beside him, he wraps both his arms around my waist with a silly little grin on his face and pulls me down onto his lap. Despite my soaking wet hair, he shoves his head in the crook of my neck and blows kisses on my skin. I couldn't help but laugh at how much it tickled. He stops attacking me and simply sits up straight, not letting me go. He pulls me close and rests his chin on my shoulder with a content sigh. His phone goes off beside us and Ross ignores it. "Are you going to look at that?" I ask, knowing it was obviously a text message.

"It's just a group chat." He responds. He turns his head the slightest and gently kisses my cheek. This boy is the cuddliest person I have ever met. He may not seem like it because he absolutely hates getting or giving pretty much any affection in public, but I swear once we're alone, he's all about cuddling. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and he's up against me with either a leg wrapped around one of mine or an arm wrapped around me. His phone goes off several more times and with an irritated sigh, Ross unwraps a single arm from me and grabs his phone from beside him and holds it out in front of me on my lap.

"The Sabrina group chat?" I ask him, seeing several messages from his costars. "Oh right, you have that dinner thing with them tonight. You're getting to see the rough cut of the first episode, right?" I ask, seeing one of them replying with a season 4 is almost here baby!! His chin rests back on my shoulder as I lean back against him, his other arm unwrapping from around me so he can type with both his thumbs.