e l e v e n

Worth the Wait: 11 | Realization
| Laura Marano |

| A Few Days Later (March 26th, 2021) |

"What's up with you?" Vanni says, pointing her fork at me. It was past noon and Rydel and Vanni came over for lunch. Vanni brought fruit salad and Rydel brought some healthy chips she bought the other day that Ellington isn't a fan of. Sav and Courtney we're both busy and couldn't make it, but they promised to get together soon. So, Rydel and Vanni are sitting on one side of my dining room table while I'm sitting across from Vanni. "I noticed you were being extra quiet at yoga yesterday but I just figured you were tired. Unless you didn't sleep last night, somethings definitely up." She says, nodding her head.

"Yeah you have been kinda weird today." Rydel agrees, nodding her head too. I sigh and lift my leg, bringing my knee to my chest. "Alright, something's definitely up." Rydel murmurs, sitting up straighter. "Lay it on us, we've got no plans whatsoever for the rest of the day." Vanni nods her head and I give both of them a smile.

"Um, uh." I laugh nervously, not really knowing how to say this. "I uh, I came to a realization Tuesday night when I left the boys' house." I say, nodding my head along with my words. The both give me the keep taking look, so I nervously laugh again and told my head back to stare at the ceiling. For a moment, I close my eyes and compose myself, look straight ahead at the two of them, and take a deep breath. "The realization that I came to was that I uh, I like Ross. Romantically." Both their eyes widen at my words. "Please don't freak out-"

"Freak out?!" Rydel exclaims. "Just two and a half weeks ago you were telling me you'd never date my brother and now you're telling me you like him?! Laura, this is huge! You two are gonna be such a cute couple!" Both Vanni and I ended up covering our ears halfway through her spat.

"Rydel!" Vanni says, shaking her shoulder. "Jesus, was that necessary?" She mumbles.

"Yes, Vanni. I've been waiting ten years for this to happen." I furrow my eyebrows.

"Uh, what about when Ross was dating Courtney? She's your best friend, you couldn't have possibly been waiting for me to confess my love for Ross." My eyes widen at my mistake, as did the two others. "Okay, no, I do not love him. I just realized I like him three days ago." Rydel stares at me a second longer before pointing her finger at me.

"Just because he was with her doesn't mean I didn't have that hope in the back of my mind. This is like a Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher love story." Rydel says.

"Just because I like him doesn't mean I'm gonna date him, marry him, or have his children." I say.

"Excuse me?" Vanni's says, looking offended. "Why the heck not? You two are meant for each other." She tells me.

"Ugh, this is why I was going to keep this information to myself." I mumble. "I'm not dating Ross for several reasons. I don't even know if he likes me. If he does like me, then by dating we'd ruin our friendship if we ever broke up. Not to mention, Ross isn't the boyfriend type considering he sleeps around, flirts twenty four seven with every girl, and is more than likely afraid of commitment." I say. "Him and I would be a disaster from the start." I finish, shaking my head.

"What?" Rydel asks. "That's it? You think that my brother is a man whore?" She asks. "Ross is one of the most loving, caring, and sweetest guys I know." She says, defending her own brother.