f o u r t e e n

Worth the Wait: 14 | Fires
| Laura Marano |

| Several Days Later (April 8th, 2021) |

Seeing Ross' car parked out on my curb when I pulled into the garage out of a kick ass workout with my trainer only made me smile. He wasn't kidding when he said be prepared for surprises. After we drove around at two o'clock in the morning a few days ago, Ross woke up early the next morning and made me breakfast. Two days in a row the two of us were too busy that we couldn't hang out, but that didn't stop him from texting me. He's been sending me good morning and good night texts, even if I'm asleep and don't get his goodnight texts until the morning, it doesn't stop him. Last night he promised me he'd be over early to make me breakfast, only I had to tell him I had to go workout with my new trainer and wouldn't be done until eleven, so he changed it to an early lunch before he heads out to a early dinner party with his Sabrina cast for a season wrap dinner. The best part of it all is that he isn't faking any of it. He's acting just like he has been towards me for years; the flirting, the sweetness, even the touching, the only thing that's changed is talking to me more frequently and seeing him more.

"Hello man who does not live here!" I shout, hearing something sizzling in the kitchen. I had texted him right as I left that I'd be home in fifteen or twenty minutes, so I shouldn't have scared him or anything. He walks out from the kitchen with only a pair of jeans on and a white t-shirt. He had his shoes off, only in socks, and even had his hair in a backwards baseball cap. I love it when he wears baseball hats backwards. "Whatcha making me?" I ask.

"A scramble that my family calls hobo hash." I raise my eyebrows up at him. "It's hash browns with eggs, sausage, bacon, cheese, and sweet onions." He tells me. "I didn't feel like putting mushrooms in them because I'm not that big of a fan of mushrooms, but it honestly tastes better without them." He adds as he walks back into the kitchen. I follow him, noticing a skillet I use for pancakes out on the table with things cooking. "And I even stopped by the store and grabbed orange juice." He adds, pointing to two glasses already on my dining table.

"Wow." I say. "You're really going all out, Ross."

"Not really. I could do more." He replies with a shoulder shrug. "You doing anything tomorrow night?" He asks.

"What time?" I ask.

"Like seven ish?" I watch as he stirs around the food for a second, turns down the dial, and looks back over at me.

"Um, I'm having dinner at my sisters. What exactly do you have planned?" I asked.

"Riker, Ellington, Vanni, and Rydel are all coming over to hear some new music and then we were going to have a fire out back and drink a few beers." He tells me. "No biggie if you can't make it." He adds.

"I'll can show up at like nine or something." I say with a shoulder shrug. "Is that okay?" I ask.

"Totally. You can spend the night, too." I give him a grateful smile.

"Does that mean you get booted to the couch?" I ask with a smirk.

"Unfortunately." He breathes out. "Go have a seat, I'll be there in a second with food." I salute him before he turns around and head to the table, sitting in my usual spot. I watch as Ross scoops up some hobo hash and puts it on two plates, stick forks in them, and walks over towards me. He sets a plate in front of me, lingering beside me with his head down, his now free hand pointing to his cheek. With a slight laugh and an eye roll, I press my lips against his cheek.