t w e n t y - f i v e

Worth the Wait: 25 | Our Baby is Going to be Healthy
| Laura Marano |

| A Few Days Later (June 14th, 2021) |

"Your son has a lot of plane books." My mom says to Stormie, putting some of Ross' books he wanted to keep in a box. I laugh a little. "I know he was fascinated by planes when he was a teenager, but I didn't know he actually knows things about them." I watch as she eyes a book about the making of fighter jet engines.

"That is one thing I know he won't outgrow." Stormie tells her. "He just flew Riker to a photo shoot in San Fransisco a couple months ago in the plane him and Mark share." Just then, Ross walks into his room and points to the box I had just finished taping shut.

"Can I go put it in your car?" He asks, already bending down. "My trunk and back seats are full." He tells us.

"Uh, what about your front seat?" I ask, setting a neatly folded shirt of his into a box.

"That's full too."

"You have so much shit, Ross." I mutter. He gives me a smile. "Umm, did you get the things out of your bathroom?" I ask him. He nods his head. "Every last thing?" He nods his head again. "Tooth brush, shaver, shampoo, conditioner, cologne, deodorant-"

"Laura, I got it. The only thing I left was toilet paper and the fucking plunger." Both my mom and Stormie give him a look for cussing. He gives both of them a smile. "The dang plunger." He says.

"I'm just making sure."

"I will literally be here everyday. It's not the end of the world if I forget something." He tells me.

"Okay okay, go put that in my trunk. My keys are on a counter somewhere." I say. He gives me a head nod and walks out of his bedroom door.

"That's the last of his books." My mom says, grabbing the tape to tape the box shut.

"All I have left are all his hats and sunglasses." Stormie says, grabbing a handful of his beanies. "Are you almost done with his shirts?" She asks me.

"Yeah, but I have a few of my stuff left in his drawers." I say, pointing to his dresser. "I didn't want them to be mixed in so I'm waiting until I'm done with his stuff that way they can be on top." I explain. The three of us were quiet for a few minutes.

"I can't believe the two of you are moving in together." My mom suddenly says. And having a baby together, but you don't know that yet.

"I know, it's so weird to think about." Stormie chimes in. "Four months ago you two rarely hung out. Now you're together everyday and you two couldn't be more in love." Hearing that made my eyes tear up. "I don't think I've ever seen any of my kids fall in love quicker than the two of you." Ross decided to walk back in at that very moment and I couldn't help but stand up and walk right into his chest. Three days into knowing I'm pregnant and my emotions are all over the place. He wraps a single arm around my shoulders loosely.

"What's wrong?" He asks. I don't say anything as a tear runs down my cheek. I sniffle.

"We were just talking about the two of you and now here we are." My mom says.

"Was it about proposing?" Ross asks, and I could just hear his eye roll.

"No, not at all. It was just about seeing the love you two have for each other." Stormie tells him. Ross squeezes me a little.